My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intiated Last Night

Jericho2013

Premium Member
I was initiated last night at the Arabia Shriners in Houston. It was an amazing night and very unique. I was given the obligation by the Imperial Chief Rabban of Shriners International and he will be the 2015 Imperial Potentate. I was fezzed by the Most Worshipful Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Texas. I guess I picked the right night to join. They told me this has never happened before and I was very lucky to be initiated last night by these brothers. I was blown away by it all. There were a lot of pictures taken. I wish my wife could have been there.

dfreybur

Premium Member
"The organization was previously known as Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine (A.A.O.N.M.S.) or Shriners North America. The name was changed in 2010 across North America, Central America, South America, Europe, and Southeast Asia"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shriners

dfreybur

Premium Member
I don't know if we dropped AAONMS in the initiation ceremony. I think just in organization's formal name.

Bloke

Premium Member
I was fezzed a few years back and Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine is still used during the fezzing here (by our club under AAHMES )