My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a deal breaker?

dfreybur

Premium Member
As for kilts (skirts) it was a men's garment (still is) BEFORE it was ever a women's garment. Just like pants were a men's garment first.

Pants are a comparatively new invention. Only around a thousand years ago pants were invented by the proto-Norse. Before then everyone of every gender work toga or kilt. Somewhere deep in my ancient ancestry some ghost from several thousand years ago is whispering "Newfangled pants" in their grave. ;^)

Winter

Premium Member
I'm a reenactor so I have worn all manner of historical garb. Some takes more getting used to than others!

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

Joseph Thornton

Pants are a comparatively new invention. Only around a thousand years ago pants were invented by the proto-Norse. Before then everyone of every gender work toga or kilt. Somewhere deep in my ancient ancestry some ghost from several thousand years ago is whispering "Newfangled pants" in their grave. ;^)

Actually pants are older than kilts. Kilts only appeared about 300-400 years ago. Even then, it was a men's garment (skirt) before it was a women's garment.

Certain types of work and horse riding made pants more suitable. Since we don't do most of those trades anymore and we dont ride horses all the time..... there really isnt much reason to need pants anymore. <shrug>

Randy81

Premium Member
If you're married, my lodge prefers it to be at the house but it's not mandatory. I did an interview recently for a guy who teaches at the same university that I do and so does his wife. I met with him in his office.