Just a Scam?

Discussion in 'The Refreshment Lounge' started by scottmh59, Jul 26, 2009.

1. scottmh59

scottmh59 Registered User

2. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Looks like it to me, but, then again, I know where we keep the black helicopters! ;-)

3. Taurus27

Taurus27 Guest

To me.....I don't need books outside my Lodge to learn.......I GO to Lodge to learn.

BTW......a true Freemason shouldn't be trying to profit from things someone taught him.
    Just my 5 cents worth.

4. scottmh59

scottmh59 Registered User

well put. i doubt the guy is even a mason,just saying he is to try and sell this crap

5. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

It is a scam somehow. Say it is something of a compilation of 120 out of print books. There is probably a reason they are out of print. How could there be 25,000 pages of secrets? King Solomon and His Followers has 209 pages and they are small pages at that.

6. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

+1.:cool:

7. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

a good library can be a valuable tool, though.

and also, masonry had a lot of help getting started in america from degree peddlers.

8. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

I agree!. There are some great books out there that can help us become more well rounded masons. I personally enjoy Masonic history books.

Maybe we should start a thread for recommending books (if there isn't one already).

9. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

It looks like they have scanned a bunch of books old enough to be in the public domain. I noticed a few book I own. Sure it's a for profit venture. It doesn't seem sinister. They are using simple marketing by calling it super secret and 'most masons don't know'. You coupld probably find most of this stuff at sacredtexts.com for free.

Share My Freemasonry