My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just talking

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I, too, am a first time Worshipful Master. My advice is to depend on the training that you have had moving through the chairs to get to this point. When I need advice and wise council I depend on the Past Masters of my lodge. Are you doing everything that you can to make your lodge better and energize the Brothers of your lodge to come along with you? If so then you are a good WM IMHO.

rpbrown

Premium Member
My first time through, I depended on my PM's for council as well as our DDGM on at least one occasion. I will be going through for my second term as WM next year and will still seek counsel from my PM's. Don't fret it though, I am sure you will do fine.

Matt L

Site Benefactor
My advice is to plan your year, before you sit in the East. Also make sure your officers know their duties and what you expect. Seek good counsel from well informed brethren. Remember you are the Master, don't let the "we've never done it this way" crowd rule the roost.

If you are not familiar with the Masonic code in your jurisdiction, get in the book. Have fun, get out and visit. Good luck, it can get pretty hot in the East sometimes.

Bloke

Premium Member
Greetings brothers any advise for a new worshipful master on how to deal with anything that may come my way? Plus even though I was told I would be a good WM how do I know.

Sent from my SM-N920T using My Freemasonry mobile app
Smile (or look concerned and attentive), listen and say you'll have a think about that... then think about it and get back to them within 24 hours..

All good WMs do one thing - they try, if you do that, listen and try to lead to a better place, you'll be a good WM