My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Level up in next month

Matt L

Site Benefactor
I would love to be able to do the 2nd section. I can do the 2nd section of the 1st and 3rd, the second kills me.

Symthrell

Best of luck to you!! Enjoy! I truly enjoyed the lectures that were a part of the Fellowcraft Degree!!

JLB658

Everyone here has been talking about how beautifull the second degree is. And it truly was.
Congratulations to you, and those soon to be passed. The FC Degree has always been special to me, so much so that I teach proficiency for it as well as sit in the West for a graded FC Degree. The work you go through to receive it, and the time it takes always makes it special. Add to that the lessons you receive, to me, makes this a wonderful degree. Congrats again, you earned it.

Sent from my SM-T377P using My Freemasonry mobile app

Andy Fracica

Site Benefactor
Premium Member
Congratulations Brother! I hope by now you have your Fellow Craft and are on your way to understanding its intricacies.

JanneProeliator

Congratulations Brother. I am very happy for you! Let us know when you are about to take your MM degree.

Thank you. It should be in some time next spring. I should know by the beginning of next year. I hope it would be around march or april. There is one brother before me and otwo after me to go trough the ranks at the same pace. Also there should be new brothers coming up next year. December and January there is no levels on the lodge so if the brothers who where initiated after me gets their FC in hebruary and march the brother who got his FC before me gets his MM in april then I should be up for my MM in june. Unless there is others who should be initiated before that. But the lodge is closed from june to august so it might be that I have my MM in next autumn in stead...
Well I know when it is necessary for me to know. I let you know when I do. :D

Elexir

Excellent. TEll me how it went and was it much different from your rituals. :)

It was diffrent, there is a similarity but also a lot of details that are diffrent. Personally I prefer our II°. Me and the brother I went with will try to see a 3° this fall at the same lodge.

JanneProeliator

It was diffrent, there is a similarity but also a lot of details that are diffrent. Personally I prefer our II°. Me and the brother I went with will try to see a 3° this fall at the same lodge.
Very interresting.
It will be fun to travel around and see the degrees done in other lodges and juristictions. I have yet to do so...

Elexir

You will probably find that the rituals not only differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction but from lodge to lodge, lol.

Also juristictional.
Here the ritual is for a few reasons set in stone and only a few things can ever be changed under special premission from the GM.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Here the ritual is for a few reasons set in stone and only a few things can ever be changed under special premission from the GM.
Here four different ritual books are recognized by the Grand Lodge. Hence the differences. Although the rituals in all four are very similar there are small differences.

dfreybur

Premium Member
You will probably find that the rituals not only differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction but from lodge to lodge, lol.

Long ago I remember an old timer who used to sing "Closer My Lord To Thee" during third degrees. Many years before he'd been told to stop as it was not a part of the approved ritual. I pointed out that he would still be allowed to sing after the degree was complete but he didn't get what I meant. Events that happen after the ritual is complete are not a part of the ritual, but they are a part of the candidate's experience. Do you remember the many presentations and congratulations after your degrees?

Some number of lodges have specially authorized degree work granted in their charter. Red lodge style degrees get mentioned, as do translations into other languages.