My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge not on GL locator ?

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
If a lodge is not on my states grand lodge locator is that lodge not legit or clandestine??? Not recognized by my state

Sent from my ADR6400L

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Indeed. There are at least three clandestine Grand Lodges in Florida, with heaven-knows how many lodges.

dfreybur

Premium Member
As Florida does not yet recognize PHA I won't say that a lodge not on the list is clandestine. There's a lot more to regularity than recognition and there are degrees of regularity. What you'd need to do is look up the PHA web site back in Illinois and see which Florida PHA GL they recognize. That one is not clandestine. Of course as Florida does not yet have PHA recognition and that bubbles over to Illinois not having recognition you can't attend any of their tiled meetings. Social events are very much a different matter.

At nearby PHA lodges that aren't recognized by Florida but should be, feel free to share fellowship at any of their events where they do not open lodge. When we promise to not countenance clandestine lodges it means more than just current recognition. But current recognition does tell you whether to present yourself at any of their tiled meetings.

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Ok the lodge I'm planning on visiting is a recognised F& AM lodge of Fl. Just wondering because I saw a PHA lodge or a former lodge while at work didn't have a lodge # so was probably a former lodge , still going to check the one closest to my house before searching elsewhere may not have to look any further if the brothers will except me there.

Sent from my ADR6400L

FlBrother324

Ok the lodge I'm planning on visiting is a recognised F& AM lodge of Fl. Just wondering because I saw a PHA lodge or a former lodge while at work didn't have a lodge # so was probably a former lodge , still going to check the one closest to my house before searching elsewhere may not have to look any further if the brothers will except me there.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Mr Pierce,

The Grand Lodge of Florida does not recognize ANY (PHA) Lodges or their affiliates, nor can you be a member in both at the same time. They are all considered to be Clandestine no matter what state they are from. This doesn't mean you can't acknowledge them, but you can't attend any official Lodge functions or tiled meetings, nor hold any type of Masonic communications with them.

If you go to the web page glflamason.org you will find all Blue Lodges listed in the Lodge locator. If you're not sure you can contact Grand Lodge by phone at the number listed on the home page to verify the credibility of the Lodge in question. The Grand Secretary is M:.W:. Richard Lynn P.G.M. Of Florida., but any of the office staff should be able to answer your questions.

Best of luck, and God Bless.

Yours in His service.

bupton52

Premium Member

Sent from my ADR6400L

Be careful in Florida. The Grand Lodge that is called the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Florida is NOT the real GL. That is a clandestine organization. The real GL is named the Most Worshipful Union Grand Lodge of Florida.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
well, i would go with a "list of lodges, regular" instead of an online webapp.

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Well I like the sound of regular and recognised don't really no the difference between the two not being a mason ( yet ) so I guess I will cross that bridge later on down the line 1 thing is for sure I no I'm seeking more knowledge of the fraternity

Sent from my ADR6400L

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Each lodge has a book called the "List of Lodges Regular" that is issued to it by the Grand Lodge it belongs to. It's a huge list of lodges that their Grand Lodge recognizes as being okay to have fraternal relations with (you can attend their lodges, they can attend yours). You can ask the Grand Lodge of Florida or wherever to see if they recognize whatever lodge you are looking to attend.