My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOTRO Discussion

Casey

Mandalorian
Premium Member
Nice brother! I'm currently into Lord of the Rings Online. After years of WoW its a welcome change

This thread is for discussion of LOTRO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benton

Premium Member
Re: Eve Online - I like to shoot lasers in space

I'm on Arkenstone! Didn't realize we had so many lotro fans.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member

blah. LOTRO. i tried it, but couldn't get into it.

QPZIL

Premium Member

Yeah, that's the problem with Eve, it practically is a full time job, in my opinion. I'll still with fantasy MMORPGS like LOTRO.

...and I'm going to do everything in my will power to not buy Cataclysm.

...but in the end I know I will.

Casey

Mandalorian
Premium Member
I was able to reinvent the type of player I was in switching to lotro. In wow I was a semi hardcore player and raided a lot. In lotro I'm a casual player and don't have anyone that needs me to be anywhere for anything important. Its relaxing again.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Derailers! I've moved this to a separate thread for LOTRO discussion :)

I've also edited the OP so that it's an actual OP, not a reply.

Casey

Mandalorian
Premium Member
LOL. Sorry to derail your Eve thread. I will make it my next mmorpg and hit you up.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
hah, no problem. there was enough interest in LOTRO that it deserved it's own thread is all :)

Casey

Mandalorian
Premium Member
Since we have interest in lotro here, and alot of us have played wow before; what's the biggest difference you guys see? The biggest difference to me is, well it's new to me, the community is friendlier now (kinda how wow was in the infancy stages), and it is less gear dependent. Being so busy and not able to dedicate alot of time to gaming, I love the skirmish system too!

QPZIL

Premium Member
I just think the lore is better and more fleshed out (which is obvious, since it's based on the books). The setting and community seem much more mature compared to WoW too.

swole

Dunno if you brothers gave seen wow discounts of $5 on amazon. I guess cuz of the holidays and the new expansion pack coming out. Perfect time for me to get into it!

QPZIL

Premium Member
Dunno if you brothers gave seen wow discounts of $5 on amazon. I guess cuz of the holidays and the new expansion pack coming out. Perfect time for me to get into it!

More than that, go to Blizzard.com and get the game for $5, the first expansion for $5 and the second expansion for $10... great deal!

Casey

Mandalorian
Premium Member
I messed around on there for about 1.5 hrs last night after I got home from class, which I went to after work. But all the changes look very good.

The November Update brings in the holidays with a wide range of improvements, additions and a completely new Yule Festival set in Winter-home. Players get access to more quests, content and adventure than ever before.
headline_moreforfree.png

As part of our continued mission to make The Lord of the Rings Online™ the best Free to Play game in the world, we’ve now made all epic storyline quests in the game free allowing players to level all the way to 65! This grants all players access to all the epic storyline quests in Moria, Lothlórien and Mirkwood. All players can now delve into the depths of Moria, visit Galadriel in the Golden Wood and lay siege to the fortress of Dol Guldur.
headline_keeperofanimals.png

The Rune-keeper and Lore-master Classes have been improved with new skills, improved traits and upgrades to the Lore-master pet appearance and abilities.
Lore-master:

• New Skills such as Staff Sweep, Frost Lore and Combat Summoning give you better control over combat.
  • Increase your pet’s threat & change its appearance for a more customized experience.
  • Wield updated skills such as Sign of Power for Crowd Control.
Rune-keeper:

• New Trait improvements such as Essence of Storm, Essay of Flame, and Master of Writs gives you more power than ever before.
  • Heal and do damage with greater efficiency.
headline_updatedstarter.png

The Elf and Dwarf starting areas have been updated, throwing you into the conflict between the proud Longbeards and the greedy Dourhands as they determine the fate of Thorin’s Halls. The corrupt and destructive influence of the Dourhands can be seen all around as you struggle to uncover the dark power influencing Gormr Doursmith, and ultimately challenge the might of a dead king!
headline_craftingchanges.png

You’ve spoken and we’ve heard you! We’ve significantly updated the Crafting System as well as the Vault UI to make LOTRO even more user friendly!
Crafting Updates:

• Less seeds, more inventory slots: Most farming field recipes now require generic crop, flower, and pipe-weed seeds. Less seed variety means more inventory space for everyone.
  • Reduced required ingredients: Farm field recipes no longer require 5 or more seeds: now only one seed is needed to execute a field recipe.
  • Updated UI: Now see more recipes in the cleaner and expanded crafting panels! Plus new ingredient packs an crafting accelerators!
  • And More!
Vault UI Updates:

• Smart Sorting: We are adding a “Smart Sort†feature that uses game data to better sort items by type and level rather than purely alphabetically. Similarly, crafting materials will be sorted by Tier, then by Profession.
  • Icon-Only View: One of the biggest complaints with the new vault is that there is no way to see all the items on the screen at once. For this update we are adding the ability to turn off the text on the items in the vault.
  • Easy-Filter: This option will make the selected filter change to the selected item type so you can easily find all similar items regardless of which chest they are in.
  • And More!
headline_newyulefestival.png

Coming in December, keep an eye out for the new and improved Yule festival set in the Winter-home. More details will be available soon so check back often!

Benton

Premium Member
*bump*

Anyone still playing the game other than me? Excited about the expansion announced?

(Yes, it's an older thread. Don't ban me JTM!)