mainstream or Prince Hall

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by hev1030, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 Registered User

Thanks, Bro Doug. It is not hard to act like a local when I am one. My Lodge in Missouri is only 25 miles from my old one in Arkansas. I don't work at it, I just try to be a Brother.

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Totally agree.

3. Warrior1256

Absolutely disagree with you on this one brother.

4. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Just a side note. Last weekend I held a conference for lodge education officers. One of the speakers was the Grand Master of Prince Hall Masons in Minnesota. He referred to Prince Hall and Mainstream, so the term didn't seem to bother him. FWIW.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. montkun

montkun Registered User

I think the term has stuck simply because it's been a relatively short period of time that PHA has been accepted by "Mainstream" lodges of the state. In Pennsylvania it's only been roughly over 20 years since full reciprocity between lodges, however we still cannot have dual membership in PHA and the state Grand Lodge. But it is what it is, despite my PHA obligation stating....

"Furthermore, I do promise and swear to support the Constitution, Laws and Edicts of the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania, Grand Lodge of the State of Pennsylvania,..."

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Warrior1256

Yeah, it's unfortunate. As stated before, in Kentucky the GL of K and PH GL recognize each other but we still do not have visitation rights. I would really like to visit with my PH brothers.

7. montkun

montkun Registered User

That's at least one good point in PA is that both of the Grand Lodges allow visitations as long as the Brother is regular. Just can't be a member of both, but if you wanted to leave one branch to join the other it's not a major problem. Though I'm sure either side will do their best to retain your membership before releasing you.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. Warrior1256

Understandable, especially in this day of dwindling membership.

Share My Freemasonry