Make Room For A New GL in Texas

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by bupton52, May 24, 2014.

1. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Of course, no one condones selling of the degrees, i.e., making a profit from them. Yet, in AASR-SJ, we charge for the 33. In UGLE we charge for promotion to past rank.

One wonders how much responsibility the GLs of the CGMNA bear responsibility for the particular problem of bogus GLs in the African American community, as we in the State GLs labeled all of them clandestine, an error still extant. If all are clandestine (to the majority view), then why does it matter which clandestine group I join?

In CGMNA GLs, there is a list of lodges available to make decisions about who to admit. Remember, not all GLs issue cards.

Additionally, the root problem pointed out by some is that the petitioner doesn't know what's legit and what is clandestine. A central repository won't do any good.

UGLE isn't the grand arbiter of regularity. Indeed, they recognize a different GL in Italy than CGMNA GLs. Many CGMNA GLs have not suspended recognition with GLNF, as the Home GLs have done.

Oh, I am actually sojourning in Maryland this weekend.

Raymond Walters likes this.
  2. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

So there's no way to smack the bogus ones down. Maybe a good plan B is to start campaigns by legit GLs trumpeting their legitimacy/superiority/etc. if you can't put the others down, outshine them maybe.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

3. MoonlightMadness357

MoonlightMadness357 Premium Member

I agree with your statement and that's what is so frustrating about the situation. At some point in history there was no need to do this, everyone who was a mason could identify one another thru our means and it would be ok real was real and fake was fake now they have so much that they almost blur the lines of truth. Incorporated Fraternities and Sororities don't have these issues pretending only gets you so far you start your own chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon or Kappa Alpha Psi you're getting sued. I guess it’s sad to me that the oldest of all fraternities can't do the same to protect its self

4. MoonlightMadness357

MoonlightMadness357 Premium Member

Well brother welcome to Maryland in advance.

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I can see why some people would be taken in because the photos look impressive. Looks can definately be deceiving.

6. jjjjjggggg

jjjjjggggg Premium Member

If I remember right, there is a term in the New Testament about white-washed walls... all sharp and snazzy on the outside, rotten and corrupt on the inside. I'll feel bad for the guys that for sucked in. Not only are they not legit when they think they are, they got extra steps to go trough should they decide to go the right route.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  7. Kyle Samuel

Kyle Samuel Premium Member

When you say extra steps, what are you talking about? Just wondering. Also i have to say if they are not legit what are they teaching?

8. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Extra steps as in the process of being "healed".

jjjjjggggg likes this.
  9. psargent

psargent Registered User

Nor would anyone in a lodge that's not legally constituted (regular) be able to join appendant bodies such as the SR, YR, or Shrine. Meaning if they do so wish they have to start over and learn what's proper.

10. Glen Cook

There are irregular appendant bodies as well

MBC, bupton52 and MarkR like this.
  11. Bro Mathews

Bro Mathews Premium Member

Have any one heard of this lodge i cant find who there under New Hope lodge# 253 have any one heard of this lodge in Somerville, TX 77879

12. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

Only thing I could find was a facebook post where some guy said he was a member. Clandestine. There are New Hope lodges in both grand lodges in Texas but not in that city and with a different #.

13. Bro Mathews

thanks

MRichard likes this.
  14. MRichard

15. Bro Mathews

i told a few of the guys that they was clandestine and they kinda got mad at me i was not doing it to be mean just wanted to help them buy letting them in on the truth.... did not go so well they start talking bad about prince hall

Bill Lins likes this.
  16. MRichard

They need to know. Some in them might be in denial, some surely know, and the others are in the dark. But it takes about 5 minutes or less to find out the truth.

Bill Lins likes this.
  17. MBC

MBC Twice Registered User Premium Member

Oh that's too bad Bro Matt. Prince Hall Masonry may have some variations with other jurisdictions but they are not bad.
    Maybe I should have a contact with them and let them talking bad about the United Grand Lodge of England lol

Bill Lins likes this.
  18. Roy Vance

Roy Vance Certified Premium Member

Maybe I should start my own GL. LOL.

Bill Lins likes this.
  19. Roy Vance

Roy Vance Certified Premium Member

The extra steps mentioned is called "healing".

Bill Lins likes this.
  20. Glen Cook

In 2008, I had a clandestine lodge come to me with a request to have the lodge come into our jurisdiction. I said sure, let me get you petitions...

Share My Freemasonry