My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making the Commitment

George Coombs

We don't get a cap at West Ky. Consistory for the 32 unless you buy one. You get one if you receive the K.C.C.H. or 33rd.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I dont think thats right. I just helped my valley restructure its dues and degree fees, and there were things that the SC says MUST be given to new candidates and among them are a bridge to light, a 14th deg ring and a black hat..among other things

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

MarkR

Premium Member
I dont think thats right. I just helped my valley restructure its dues and degree fees, and there were things that the SC says MUST be given to new candidates and among them are a bridge to light, a 14th deg ring and a black hat..among other things

Those things have changed back and forth. A couple of years ago, we were instructed by our SGIG to make the cap and ring optional to keep petition fees down. And I'm SJ. I don't find any such requirement in the statutes; if you have a statute number I'd like to read it. The only thing I could find is the the candidate must be given "A Bridge to Light" after the 14° and a patent after the 32°

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
and there were things that the SC says MUST be given to new candidates and among them are a bridge to light, a 14th deg ring and a black hat..among other things
We were given the copy of Bridge to Light but they stopped giving the 14th degree ring when the price of gold went sky high. However, at the conclusion of this spring's reunion they are going to have a capping ceremony for the new members and will be giving them their caps for the first time in awhile.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Those things have changed back and forth. A couple of years ago, we were instructed by our SGIG to make the cap and ring optional to keep petition fees down. And I'm SJ. I don't find any such requirement in the statutes; if you have a statute number I'd like to read it. The only thing I could find is the the candidate must be given "A Bridge to Light" after the 14° and a patent after the 32°
I dont have a statute number i was just given a list by our deputy and he told me that the SC mandates that it all must be given to new candidates. Kinda pissed me off cause when i took the degrees i got my cap, bridge to light and a 14th ring encased in a plastic pyramid, different valley.
Here they get Bridge to light, ring, cap, Master builder program, morals and dogma, rose croix lapel pin, patent ect ect. Like I said our deputy said it was all directed by the SC.