My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason dating another masons widow

brother josh

How would u feel Ive had some say they would rather the widow be in care of a brother others say ummmm nope won't do it ......... Thoughts ????

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
According to our obligations if such a relationship is within honorable bounds then there is no issue. A mason who exploits her would be committing a masonic offense. It would be a matter of intent.

It would be no different than if a young mason dated the daughter of an older brother mason who took no issue with the coupling. Again I think the crux would be the intent to exploit (i.e. a mason committing adultery with a brother mason's wife).

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
I can think of no better person to be my widow's companion than a trusted brother.

My wife is the granddaughter of a brother mason. We were married before I was initiated. I hope it comforts him that his brother is taking care of his granddaughter.

dfreybur

Premium Member
There's an important word in my obligation that describes whether an action is appropriate or not. A different word is used jurisdiction to jurisdiction but the word used always means that. "Dating" suggests voluntary on both sides and thus appropriate.

BroBook

Premium Member
Yes in mine it's V.... The C....!!!WWEA

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

Levelhead

Premium Member
If the mason was dating a widow of a mason whom he never met i dont see why not.

But if its a widow of a mason he sat in lodge with, well thats just disrespectful. But to each his own.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
If the mason was dating a widow of a mason whom he never met i dont see why not.

But if its a widow of a mason he sat in lodge with, well thats just disrespectful. But to each his own.
Please explain your opinion.

Levelhead

Premium Member
If it was me and i knew it to be his wife at the time i would feel like i was disrespecting him.

If its a woman whom i never met nor known her husband to have been a mason i see it as "i had no idea"

Same thing as dating a dead friends ex wife. It just dont sit right.

Hope that helps!

Im happily married so i hopefully will never be in that situation.

Last edited:

okielabrat

No violation of our Master Mason obligation, as long as both parties are currently unattached. They're human beings, as well as consenting adults, so I say whatever works for them. As for those who may be a bit upset that their dead brother Mason's widow is seeing another brother Mason, that is something for those brothers to deal with, and hopefully they will.