My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Ring

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Need more people with this attitude.
I know fine Freemasons that have never gone farther than the Blue Lodge. I know fine Freemasons that belong to several appendant bodies. It just depends on the individual. I belong to the AASR and the York Rite bodies. However, with me the Blue Lodge always comes first.

dfreybur

Premium Member
But I am curious how you can find a subject, such as my ring, distasteful when you admittedly do not know what the symbolism means? I'm not trying to be argumentative here Brother. Merely trying to understand.

I don't want the skull and crossbones for myself because it can be confused with a pirate theme by non-Masons. To me it's not worth explaining to outsiders.

But as I'm a Mason who learned that it means to remember mortality, I don't mind it in the least on other Brothers.

We are taught to divide our time three ways. We are taught that the degrees represent three phases of life. It that a list of threes, or are those overlapping threes? One answer is in the Momento Mori symbol. Yeah, cool symbol among ourselves.

Winter

Premium Member
I don't want the skull and crossbones for myself because it can be confused with a pirate theme by non-Masons. To me it's not worth explaining to outsiders.

Googled Pirate Freemason. Was not disappointed.
5b0afcf737eb397ee880a2da2e90b0af.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk