Masons of Texas..Or?

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Would you guys prefer Masons of Texas to remain a Texas specific forum, or move to a broader direction? The consensus in the past was to have Masons of Texas, remain just that. A Forum specifically for Freemasonry in Texas. I have no problem with that, but I want your feedback.

2. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

Yes I would like to see it stay Texas only for now.

3. js4253

js4253 Premium Member Premium Member

I think it is a good name. Anyone is allowed to post, but they know it originates in TEXAS.

4. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

i'm with JS and jones.

5. RJS

RJS Guest

What direction are you thinking about?

6. jwardl

jwardl Guest

I vote leave it be.

7. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

Leave it as it is. I like that. Other Brothers are surely welcomed but a Texas specific theme is great.

8. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

I like the way you have it now.

But more than that, I really appreciate that you (and the entire staff) are always thinking about the forum and trying to make it a better place for us all.

9. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

I prefer to Keep It Texas with others welcome of course, but we need a place to discuss TEXAS Masonry and among Brothers from Texas.

10. ravickery03

ravickery03 Guest

There are plenty of general Masonic forums, I like this one specifically because it deals with Texas Freemasonry. I wouldn't want it to become another broad Freemason fourm.

11. hear hear!!! Leave it be.

12. cmoreno85tx

cmoreno85tx Registered User

Texas !!! Its like a whole nother country

13. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

leave it

14. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

I agree with Bro. Vickery.

15. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

I guess if someone outta state or country really wanted to join we should let them but it is nice to talk TX specific Masonry with TX Brothers. We need a line of comunication to get on the same page and keep our fingers on the pulse of Masonry in the state. I think we have a great thing going with the members we have some new and hot to trot and some wise and very versed in masonic law and ritual to keep us on the right path to dilute this with Masonry from aboard in my humble opinion would lessen the tool Masons of Texas is now to use.

Keep'er the same Brother Blake maybe make a seperate site if the demand is there, I would be a member but this one has got to stay TX only for the reason Texas Masons need to talk to each other to get this thang straightened out.

16. WestTexasMason

WestTexasMason Premium Member

I am a member of another forum that is world wide. I was so glad to find this one that relates just to Texas.

17. Texas_Justice85

Texas_Justice85 Registered User

if it aint broke dont fix it

18. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

I used to be on a lot of the other 'worldly boards' and left them all. They have a nastiness to them that is unappealing. I want drama Ill go to the Widow's Son's blog :)

Share My Freemasonry