My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Schiavello

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
IF any of you watch AXStv formerly HDNet, commentator Michael "The Voice" Schiavello is a Freemason and according to his Wiki:"Schiavello became a Freemason in 2009, joining Balwyn-Deepdene Lodge No. 275 where he was raised to a Master Mason in 2010, before switching to Daylite Lodge No. 44 upon his relocation to the US"

I was reading about a fighter that was killed in a hit and run over the weekend and Schiavello tweeted:"So so so sad to hear of the passing of my Freemason Brother @RyanJimmo ... God's finger touched him and he slept... RIP my Brother. So sad" That made me do some research and it wasn't hard to find his Wiki. @Bloke can you confirm that he was raised in Australia?

Also according to his twitter he is the WM of Daylite #44

Bloke

Premium Member
Yes, I'm not sure I met him, but have visited his mother lodge in Victoria. He's been featured in member profiles on UGLV material and I've read he's stiĺl active in the States in that lodge. He's still a MM but strikes me as the sort of bloke who will take the chair.

100% confirmed he was initiated in Australia

(edited to fix typo of "rake the" to "take the chair"...)

Last edited:

Michael Schiavello

Greetings Brothers

I was raised in Melbourne, Australia in 2010 in Deepdene-Balwyn Lodge #275 and am now the Worshipful Master of Daylite #44 F&AM in Las Vegas, Nevada. I miss my mother lodge Down Under but am having a wonderful year in the East.

A bit more on my book here, it is due out on September 1 (via Amazon, select shops, etc)

You can pre-order now direct from the publisher:
http://www.lewismasonic.co.uk/know-thyself.htm

Thanks and nice to be on here.

Michael Schiavello

Bloke

Premium Member
Greetings Brothers

I was raised in Melbourne, Australia in 2010 in Deepdene-Balwyn Lodge #275 and am now the Worshipful Master of Daylite #44 F&AM in Las Vegas, Nevada. I miss my mother lodge Down Under but am having a wonderful year in the East.

A bit more on my book here, it is due out on September 1 (via Amazon, select shops, etc)

Michael Schiavello
You found it :) Welcome to the board from Melbourne Australia :)

Michael Schiavello

It's a great board. CA ritual pretty different from NSW ?

My lodge is in Las Vegas, Nevada. We use Nevada ritual, which has many similarities with CA ritual ... but the differences between our ritual and ritual used in UGLV is very very different... I had to learn all over again!

hanzosbm

Premium Member
Greetings Brothers

Michael Schiavello
I watched the video. If I'm understanding correctly, it is a self help book for non-Masons using Masonic teachings?

Bloke

Premium Member
My lodge is in Las Vegas, Nevada. We use Nevada ritual, which has many similarities with CA ritual ... but the differences between our ritual and ritual used in UGLV is very very different... I had to learn all over again!

Different signs and words ?

Bloke

Premium Member
Words are same. Signs vary a little, especially EA sign. Also in USA we use the due guard before the sign. So a few differences.
Thanks.

I'm not sure I've actually seen NSW signs - but have a few QLD Freemasons kicking around - all use due guard. The most different ones I've seen are from Brazil, quite different...