My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Lodge

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't mean to brag, but I have to say there's something special about my Lodge. During the degrees, you walk on the same flooring and sit in the same chairs Brethren have for over a Century. During a "search of the Temple" our old wooden floor rumbles like thunder and I think back on how many Brothers over the years have heard the same sound. It's a warm place to be. A place to escape the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. Those old wooden chairs, which are worn on one side, provide a memorial to the countless Knight Templars whose swords left their mark. I just wanted to share a little tibit on how I feel about my old Lodge building. Feel free to share your thoughts about your Lodge.

lodge.JPG

C

C. B. Barbee

I love the way that lodge looks, Blake. It has such a warm tone to it (and not just because of the picture). One quick question-- are those light bulbs or actual burning tapers?

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Just seeing the pic makes me want to walk taller as a Mason, I could only imagine the power of actualy working in the Lodge. You have a great Lodge Brother Blake.

4thgenPM

Blake,

I toured your Lodge several years ago during the "Come and Take It" celebration and had the chance to visit with a PM who was just as proud as you are of what y'all are doing and what you have. I certainly understand. When I was installed as WM in Caledonia Lodge, I was in the same Lodge Room, wearing the same jewel, and sitting in the same chair as my great-grandfather, grandfather, and father. That my dad placed the jewel on me was also moving.

Those of us who have experienced the true "family" that is small-town Masonry know that what we've experienced is truly special. (not meant to detract from some of the fantastic "city" Lodges that I've seen and/or joined).

Luke

This is a beautiful shot but how do you play HUGE chess on the floor?

Last edited: