My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My path so far

David612

Having been initiated July of 2017 I’m scheduled to be passed in just a few short weeks in mid February at a county lodge about an hour away from home.
The lodge I will be passed in is a beautiful old lodge with a lot of history, it’s truely a privilege to be getting passed there.
I’m hoping to do my raising there too, probably mid winter with a fire roaring in the lodge room fireplace..

David612

In my jurisdiction you have to have attended 12 meetings be they at your lodge or while traveling prior to being raised, at this rate my passing will be my 14th however I’m finding a lot of value chatting to brothers about their personal projects, meeting plans or what ever their opinions of the craft are.

David612

Keep us informed of your progress.
Shall do, my mentor has started talking to me about the royal arch which sounds like an ideal compliment to the blue lodge.

Long term I’m not sure if I will go into another body but there is no rush ofcause.

LK600

Premium Member
Shall do, my mentor has started talking to me about the royal arch which sounds like an ideal compliment to the blue lodge.

Long term I’m not sure if I will go into another body but there is no rush ofcause.
Initially I felt that I would move through blue lodge and on to the Scottish rite. Now, I'm finding myself drawn to multiple areas of blue lodge and think I might focus the next several years there. As you say, there's no rush. Best of luck!

David612

Congratulations! Have you been passed yet? If so, Best wished from Australia!
Not yot fellow Aussie, im being passed on feb 14th in Braidwood lodge of truth.
Braidwood being a fairly small country lodge rarely get the opportunity to do degree work so we at lodge Capitol will occasionally have them perform degrees for our candidates.

David612

Our next meeting will mean one year as a mason for me-
My Masonic passport shows 20 visits and there is talk of Raising me in the not too distant future.
Amazing how fast these things go.

David612

District 48 under the Grand lodge of NSW and ACT.

We do it a bit different here in Australia :)

That said I belive it’s more a tradition that we do things like that-not a grand lodge rule or anything.

David612

This past year I have been very fortunate to be given a lot of opportunity-
I have been raised to the sublime degree of a master mason, served as chaplain in my mother lodge, filed paperwork to affiliate with another lodge where I have been serving as Junior deacon, I have delivered numerous charges and have even mentored a brother into the fellowcraft degree.

Due to life it looks like I will need to step back from my mother lodge and focus on my other lodge where I have been elected as senior deacon for next year (pending my affiliation)

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
This past year I have been very fortunate to be given a lot of opportunity-
I have been raised to the sublime degree of a master mason, served as chaplain in my mother lodge, filed paperwork to affiliate with another lodge where I have been serving as Junior deacon, I have delivered numerous charges and have even mentored a brother into the fellowcraft degree.

Due to life it looks like I will need to step back from my mother lodge and focus on my other lodge where I have been elected as senior deacon for next year (pending my affiliation)
Congratulations Brother! Seems like you are doing very well in your Masonic journey.

Serge Collisa

I have been introduced to the craft just a few months ago. The initiation was unexpected but truly a fantastic experience. Since then, many brothers gently and purposely shed some light over my personal experience. Which, we can all agree, is out of the ordinary and may be difficult to fully grasp. I realize it takes time and considerations to fully appreciate and accept each lesson. I know now, because of the bond we share, I can trust my brothers to support my efforts to reach higher grounds.

Even if I am well engaged and looking forward, I would like you, my brothers, to share some words of advice with a recently initiated guy like me. Who is fully aware of what is going on and what lies ahead. However still carries an unexplainable anxiety that prevents me from fully embracing the experience..