My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My time in the East...

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Well Brethren, my tenure in the East is finally winding down. It's one thing to work your way through the chairs and to have the confidence of your fellow Brethren to serve, it's another to sit in the East and look down at that place of Masonic Light and try to do your best to lead your Lodge with good and wholesome instruction.

Did I accomplish everything I wanted to? No. Did I experience trials and tribulations? Yes, but mainly due to my own zeal ;) I guess what impressed me the most was the willingness of Brethren, mostly Past Masters, who came to my aid without any criticism, but with an outstretched hand of Brotherly Love and Affection.

I have a couple of things I'd like to wrap up, then I will be taking a short break from the quarry. Maybe a vacation to Joffa or something :)

Joking aside, for you EA's and FC's...STICK with the work. Masonry is a Journey. Even if you become frustrated, stick with it. If you think Masonry is nothing more than meals and bill paying, stick with it. I PROMISE YOU...there's more to it.

Mac

Premium Member
Congratulations on surviving the journey, brother. Hopefully your year will be remembered for years to come. ;)

Bill Hosler

I once heard a Mason say "the two greatest days in a mans Masonic career is the day he is installed in the East. And the next is when he watches the next man take his place." after going through the chairs I totally believe that! Lol!

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Haha wise words for sure! If all goes well, I hope to have plans approved for a complete remodel of the exterior of our Temple. In the process of getting bids and voting next week...

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Knowing you as I do, I can state with complete confidence that your Lodge is better for having had your guidance this past year.

cjapgar

Premium Member
Congrats on a successful "tour" in the East. I sat in the East last week to confer two MM degrees. Wow, what an experience it was to be able to give back that way. I slipped up on the wording two times but I was so happy that the Brethren were there and helped without any criticism. When I was done, I left the East with a standing ovation. Great experience.