My Wife Has Petitioned

Discussion in 'Order of the Eastern Star' started by DJGurkins, Dec 21, 2013.

1. DJGurkins

DJGurkins Floresville #515 Premium Member

Hello Everyone
    My wife just petitioned the Eastern Star Floresville chapter 271. She is very excited. Her friend told here who her Investigating committee is and we know 2 of them. I haven't seen her this excited about something in a few years. It sure is nice to see.

ARizo1011 likes this.
  2. Bro Darren

Bro Darren Premium Member

Thats awesome Brother.. I know very little about the OES but i wish her the very best on her journey!

3. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That is awesome Brother! You should join with her... :10:

4. Bill Rose

Bill Rose Premium Member

My wife and I are turning our petitions in for OES, Lake Jackson Chapter after Christmas... I am excited for my wife and look forward to this journey with her.

5. brother josh

brother josh Registered User

Very good brother me and my wife went threw together it somthing u both will remember forever

6. DJGurkins

Thank You Brothers. I told my wife I will join after she gets in and she can sign for me. That way she will learn what she has to and then she can teach it to me when the time comes. Very excited for her. Her Aunt was a 30yr OES and her Uncle was a 50yr+ Mason. She had a lot of respect for both of them as did I.

ARizo1011 likes this.
  7. hallodge

hallodge Registered User

My wife and I joined together ,we are also in the Amaranth she is the Grand Royal Matron of NJ this year

8. DJGurkins

My wife was initiated Thursday. She was really blown away by how attentive everyone was down to the smallest detail. She was asked by the lady who will be WP next year to be Martha for Her. My wife's Mother and Grand mother were named Martha so she feels very connected to Martha in the Bible. I told her once she is comfortable and ready I will petition. She really wants me to but I think she is having a little fun saying she has secrets she cant tell me. LOL

ARizo1011 likes this.
  9. DJGurkins

Well I turned in my petition and process has begun. they should be voting on me next months stated meeting. looking forward to this new path.

tldubb and AmigoKZ like this.
  10. DJGurkins

I will be Initiated the 27th of this month. My wife is Martha so she is very exited and she has memorized her entire part.

Warrior1256 and ARizo1011 like this.
  11. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

Awesome! Congrats!

Sent From Bro Carl's Freemasonry Pro App

12. ARizo1011

ARizo1011 Premium Member

That's great brother. I always say that if your spouse doesn't support masonry then you can't be a mason.
    My spouse we are engaged and when I come from lodge I get home to things like ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1408248322.203494.jpg

Or
    ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1408248356.804874.jpg

And she buys me things like shirts and other freemason things because I honestly love it and she knows it. She bought me this recently it's beautiful.
    ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1408248480.264962.jpg

And no it's not sharp XD
    Well my question is can she join Eastern Star if we aren't married? We are only engaged but she wants to get involved as well...

13. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

You have to be a master mason for her to join and at least in florida, she has to be your wife. Or blood related like a sister or daughter.

14. ARizo1011

ARizo1011 Premium Member

Yea. That's what I thought, thank bro.

15. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

Im pretty good at florida masonic law. Any questions feel free to ask,

ARizo1011 likes this.
  16. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations to you and your wife. I hope you both enjoy it greatly.

17. DJGurkins

Sorry I have been busy with work etc... I was initiated and sat in my first stated meeting this month. I was also asked to protem for the Associate Worthy Patron as he was filling in for our Worthy Patron. Great experience. Wow these ladies know how to draw in visitors for other chapters.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  18. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Sounds like you and your wife are having a great time.

Share My Freemasonry