My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myth, Magick, & Masonry

Roy_

I have it. The book is mildly interesting. It is divided in four parts / essays. The first is about OTO and FM. Then there are parts about solar and astrological symbolism in FM; classical mythology in FM and Mithraism and FM. The first is the most original. The book does not present much new, but the author has a few interesting thoughts here and there. The book is about 120 pages.

CLewey44

He mentioned how GD, OTO etc. came directly from Rosicrucianism and Masonry therefore there is certainly a connection between them all. That is not, however, to imply the other way around.

MasonicHermit

He mentioned how GD, OTO etc. came directly from Rosicrucianism and Masonry therefore there is certainly a connection between them all. That is not, however, to imply the other way around.
Ah yes the OTO. I believe Aliester Crowley was a member of both FM and OTO. This was before he created Thelma by furthering his studies of Hermeticism.

Sent from my LG-M153 using My Freemasonry mobile app

CLewey44

Ah yes the OTO. I believe Aliester Crowley was a member of both FM and OTO. This was before he created Thelma by furthering his studies of Hermeticism.

He was a "mason" but he joined a lodge that was considered irregular. He was a member of the OTO but not the founder as most assume. Keller was the founder, Crowley was the "ruiner" (If that's even a word) in my opinion.

Edit: Kellner...damn autocorrect

Last edited:

Elexir

He was a member of a few more orders prior to thelema and was involved with a lot of things.

Are they referincing the pre-crowley O.T.O?