My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a Direction!

Mr.M

Hi Everybody,

I am really thinking to be a mason but my knowledge in this field is superficial.

I have less than 2 years, here In USA and I live in Worcester MA. I have seen different lodges around here, especially in Boston but I don’t know which one is for me.

I was trying to find similarity based on the symbols. For example our nation symbol in Albania is the eagle with two heads, the Scottish rite has the same, I think.

Also 3 -4 years ago I meet in Albania a master mason, he was part of Blue Lodge. I discussed with him for roughly 30 min and he told me to be part of Blue Lodge( we don’t have any in Albania but I was explaining to him that I am going in USA), he didn’t say me why it is better for me to be part of this Lodge.

If education does matter, my background is in economic and I have master in science.

I would really appreciate if you give me an information.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
You must first petition a Craft (or "blue") Lodge to become a Freemason. After that you may petition Scottish Rite, or a host of other organisations. Go to some of the various lodges, meet the members, get a feel for their "flavour," then you can make an informed decision.

Mr.M

Thank you for your information.
I wanted to know if it is possible, is there any way, here in this forum, where I can find members by location?
Maybe I can find somebody that lives near my area.

dfreybur

Premium Member
http://www.massfreemasonry.org/index.tpl?&ng_view=34

http://www.princehall.org/Lodges/Subordinate Lodges.html

Those are lodge locator links for the two branches of our family in MA. Try an introduction by email but do not expect any reply. Then show up in person and get to know the brothers. Check a few lodges near you, then start going to that one every month from then on. Ask for a petition every month. Expect it to take a few months before they give you a signed petition.

The double headed eagle comes from Frederick the Great. Used by countries that were associated with the Austro-Hungrian Empire. Also used by some optional Masonic groups. If you want to be a Scottish Rite Mason you need to be a member at a local lodge first, but please do not think use of the eagle implies they are associated with your home country.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
You must first petition a Craft (or "blue") Lodge to become a Freemason. After that you may petition Scottish Rite, or a host of other organisations. Go to some of the various lodges, meet the members, get a feel for their "flavour," then you can make an informed decision.
Agreed, this is how I did it and I am very satisfied with my lodge.