My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Houston Scottish Rite Building

Jericho2013

Premium Member
Does anyone in the Houston valley have any recent info on the status of the new building? I am seeing on the website that the opening was supposed to be summer 2012. Thanks!

Jericho2013

Premium Member
Thanks. Yeah I heard at the lodge last night it was slated for a November 1st. opening.

Freemason Connect HD

jwhoff

Premium Member
Very much looking forward to the opening date. Here's an invitation to all the valleys to join us for our new theatre in the round degrees. Much thought, time, and money has gone into the presentation. Houston will be the first. Look for this presentation format to spread throughout many of the southern jurisdiction valleys in the future.

Zaden

It is scheduled to be ready in November. The cornerstone ceremony is Tuesday, October 15th.

Will the cornerstone ceremony be open to the public? I'd love to see that, though it will still be some time before I'll be able to set sights on the SR degrees.

Zaden

And how can one find out the specifics of the event (time, etc.)? I don't see anything about it on the valley's website.

M.Prejean

The building is at 2401 W. Belfort Ave., Houston, TX, 77054.
There will be an opening at Holland Lodge at 10:00, but I'm unclear as to whether that portion of the event is open to the public or not. Perhaps one of my brothers can enlighten me.
Following that, we will convene for the Leveling by M: W: Walter M. Rodgers at the new building at 11:00.

otherstar

The building is at 2401 W. Belfort Ave., Houston, TX, 77054.
There will be an opening at Holland Lodge at 10:00, but I'm unclear as to whether that portion of the event is open to the public or not. Perhaps one of my brothers can enlighten me.
Following that, we will convene for the Leveling by M: W: Walter M. Rodgers at the new building at 11:00.

I would assume that they are talking about opening a representation of the Grand Lodge prior to leveling a cornerstone...that would be a tiled event...so no public allowed.