Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Derek Whitney, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Derek Whitney

Derek Whitney Registered User

Greetings brethren. My name is Derek and I belong to Havelock lodge #435 in Havelock ON. Currently a Fellowcraft and will be raised in October to a Master. Looking forward to being in the group and gaining the insight of how other lodges work and interested in the differences between American and Canadian lodge practices. Thank you and may the GAOTU look over us.

Sent from my SM-A530W using My Freemasonry mobile app

Bro. WJonesPHA and Bloke like this.
  2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Greetings and welcome to the forum Brother. You will learn a lot at this forum, I certainly have!

3. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Welcome and greetings!

Once you see and experience Freemasonry around Canada and some other US States, Come to Pennsylvania and you will be scratching your head for a good long time!

Eliah and Derek Whitney like this.
  4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Greetings and welcome !

5. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Went to Pennsylvania back jn 1983 (King of Prussia) - beautiful area, great and friendly people -hope to visit again soon as a Master Mason!

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

6. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Bro Derek: Thanks for joining the Forum: I had the opportunity to work in Canada for a few months as a temporary transfer and I was pleasantly surprised how well-known and how strong the Craft is in Canada: seemed like whenever I was in need as a sojourning Mason, there were always Masonic brothers available to lend a hand. I look forward to visiting Canada soon (part of my family came from the Maritimes to Louisiana many years ago).

7. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

In terms of differences: I thought that the Canadian lodges were more formal in most respects, and that the meetings were much longer (but quite interesting) and the esoteric work was somewhat different but still recognizable. It was great to see Masonic FAMILY so far from home (I’m in Texas) and to get support as needed.

8. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

Hello from England :)

9. Eliah

Eliah Registered User

Thanks,am from Tanzania country,

Share My Freemasonry