My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the craft from oklahoma

Derek Harvey

Hey brothers. My name is Derek. I'm new to the craft. I'm glad to be here to meet other brothers and make new friends. I look forward to using this app to help improve myself in masonry.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
It is also known as a life member. I paid a lump sum of dues so that I don't have to pay annual dues.

dfreybur

Premium Member
What exactly is a perpetual member?

There are various names. Perpetual, life, endowed. The idea is you pay into an interest bearing account. It pays your dues as long as you live then continues to pay the lodge as long as the lodge lives. I have purchased endowments in 2 of my 4 lodges so far.

MaineMason

Perpetual Care (for cemetery graves) I know about but didn't know one could do that in any Grand Lodge jurisdiction. We have it (perpetual care) for many men's graves in my family. In the Grand Lodge of Maine, you can get your dues paid by the lodge at 86.

Derek Harvey

Thank you brothers. I know this all takes its time, but man am I ready to get my MM and get really started. Just memorizing the material to get to FC.