My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Day Class

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Knowing what i know now...no way do i take a ODC. 3 yrs ago when i was 1st initiated had my proposer told me it was a posibility amd told me he thought it was a good idea i probably woulda done it.

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app
Same here! Not knowing a thing about Freemasonry if my mentor had recommended a ODC I would have done it. Like you, knowing what I know now, I am VERY glad that I took the traditional course.

The Traveling Man

Here in Massachusetts, we do have One Day Classes and from what I have heard, those who participate in the ODC are no more likely to drop out vs. someone who went through the degrees traditionally. Rather, it is our ability as leaders of our lodges to keep our brethren engaged and interested in what Masonry has to offer.

Although my Grand Lodge no longer allows One Day Classes, I agree with you that ability of the leaders to keep the Brethren engaged makes all the difference. I had this talk at Lodge 2 meetings ago, regarding Brothers who come in the normal way (which in my Jurisdiction can be a 3 to 6 month process) and still don't show up after being Raised. A Lodge is only as good as it's leadership.