One step further

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by fairmanjd, Feb 26, 2011.

1. fairmanjd

fairmanjd Registered User

The gents from the investigative committee came by today. Other than the fact my three year old son missed his nap earlier and was acting out a bit and his six year old sister was showing off in front of company, I enjoyed their visit. I like the fact that they made my wife an active player in the interview process. My petition will be voted on Tuesday. I don't have a clue why I'm so nervous.... but I am.

2. Beathard

Beathard Premium Member

Should go fine... Tell us when you receive the results.

3. Bro. Brad Marrs

Bro. Brad Marrs Premium Member

Sounds like everything went as it should have. Good luck!

4. Benjamin Baxter

Benjamin Baxter Moderator Staff Member

Congrats, good luck, and be sure to keep us posted.

5. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The reason that you are nervous is because Freemasonry is something that you truly want, and you have come to the realization that your future with the fraternity no longer rests within the comfort of your control, but with those who are now total strangers. Regardless of what you may have been told, each and every one of us was nervous at this stage in the game. What you are feeling is perfectly normal!

It sounds to me as if everything is going well for you, I wish you luck!!

Keep us all posted!!!

6. AMcClure

AMcClure Registered User

I agree, having gone through this recently myself. It is that lack of control over your destiny that is causing the nervousness. Especially upon the realization that the draw to the light is burning within you. Rest assured that it is well worth the patients and nerves! Enjoy the ride as it comes.

7. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

Sounds like everything went well with the interview. I'm glad to see they made your wife a part of it. We've lost a couple in my lodge because their wives didn't understand Freemasonry or had watched one too many conspiracy shows. At the JW Retreat last year, they even recommended Investigation Committee members taking their wives with them, so the petitioner's wife can get their prospective of Freemasonry.

Share My Freemasonry