My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pleased to Introduce myself...

Huby M. Meadows III

My name is Huby M. Meadows III. I'm a musician and veteran of the U.S. Navy. My father was a Freemason. He died in 2009 at the age of 77. While cleaning out his last residence, recently, my sister found his Freemason materials, badge, booklets and such. I have them in my possession now, and I'm psyched to read these books and hopefully , one day to follow in his footsteps of Becoming a Freemason. I'm presently living in the Seattle area, but may soon move back to my hometown of Buffalo, NY to take care of my mom. I'll be checking in often, to get more incite to the workings of the Freemason brotherhood. Peace!

Bloke

Premium Member
Hi Huby and welcome.

What my two brothers and friends above are probably trying to say is Freemasonry is an experience, if you read the ceremonies before going through them, many Freemasons, including all JC, Rip and myself, feel that experience will be compromised.

Do you have some detail on the treasures your dad left you ? We might know something about them... which will tell us about your dad which we can share...

Huby M. Meadows III

No, I haven't read them. I have a LOT on my plate taking care of my mom, plus, like I said, I'm a musician and I have to do gigs. So, I'll 'heed' what you all are telling me by NOT reading, but I will see about joining a Lodge, first. Thanks for the forewarning.

BullDozer Harrell

No, I haven't read them. I have a LOT on my plate taking care of my mom, plus, like I said, I'm a musician and I have to do gigs. So, I'll 'heed' what you all are telling me by NOT reading, but I will see about joining a Lodge, first. Thanks for the forewarning.
Thank you for heeding the wise counsel. Oh and please don't think of it as a forewarning. That sounds soooo bad. In fact, think of it as a 'spoiler alert'.
My memory of becoming a Mason is untainted by not having a notion of what's to take place.
I was surprised and fully engaged as a consequence of not anticipating anything.

Android OS Nougat 7.0

Last edited: