My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prayers are needed through this hardship.

swole

As some of you may have noticed my talkative self has been silent for 2 days. Yesterday morning, my wife recieved a phone call that her 2 month old niece died. We are haveing a very difficult time with this and would appreciate prayers in overcoming this hardship. It is extremely hard to deal with something like this and wished that nothing like this would happen to any parent. Please help me in keeping my wife's brother and family in my prayers. It is truly a trying time.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. May God comfort and guide you through this difficult time.

swole

Thank you Blake. It is so hard seeing so much sadness surrounding us. The suffering of my family is extremely exhausting and debilitating. We are slowly but surely dealing with the loss and may God grant us the strength and wisdom to see us through.

My current facebook status;

"Angels do exist, and they visit us frequently. Although it's hard to see them go back home, we should celebrate their visit, and never let go of the joy they brought us while they were here. They are here to remind us that God is real. Although life is hard, we all eventually go back home. Persiah....She was God's whisper to us, telling us that he is not far. Honor her. R.I.P."

I am happy that the my true feelings and words about this precious child are being used in her program at the funeral. Her short time with us has made a great impression in our lives.

Last edited:

Benton

Premium Member
Wow, how terrible and tragic. I can't imagine the pain you're going through, having lost a relative at so young an age. I'll give you my hopes and prayers and wish you the best.

owls84

Premium Member
Prayers go out to all involved and anyone that ever has to deal with such a loss.

swole

Thank you all, its one of those ugly situations where you all you can do is pray and hold on.

H

Huw

My sympathies, swole, what terrible news. I have prayed for comfort for you and your family.

Ashton Lawson

Premium Member
Give the parents space, above all. Let them know you care, give words of comfort, then give space. Let them seek your company when they are ready. There is nothing that you should feel obligated to say, as there is really nothing that can be said when so close to the tragedy still. Let them know you are there if they need you, but don't push. Having buried my own two month old daughter in 2007, sadly, I speak from experience.

The prayers of my family are with yours at this difficult time. I am truly sorry for your loss.