My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proficiency nerve calming

Companion Joe

Premium Member
One shot shouldn't give someone problems. I was just illustrating the point that in the heart of the Bible Belt, you'd better not even bring up to another lodge member that you drink unless you know for sure the other person does, too. Some jurisdictions have beer/liquor in the lodge. Around here, heads would explode.

As for public speaking, I teach senior English, and that's why I make my students do a three-minute public speaking presentation. If Freemasonry has given me nothing else in 20 years, it has made me comfortable speaking in public. I was doing degree work before I began my career as a teacher, so being up in front of the class was no big deal.

CuAllaidh

Ah yes, I suppose I could see how in certain areas alcohol could be seen as an issue. In my region its not a big deal.

Improving my public speaking abilities and fears is on of may ways I hope that Freemasonry will help me improve myself.