My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proper Apron Dimensions

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
JP Luther has them both ways- you need to specify that you want the officer's jewel in the bib. Don't ask how I know this. :-(

Ashton Lawson

Premium Member
Our lodge has the complete BN-16-1 from JP Luther. They're technically illegal, but I doubt anyone anywhere cares. I've seen all kinds of aprons all over the place that don't match the rules.

Dumb rule anyway in my opinion.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
Personally, I'd like to see a little more Lodge deversity in the aprons. I think it would spur a little Lodge pride.

Benton

Premium Member
Our lodge has the complete BN-16-1 from JP Luther. They're technically illegal, but I doubt anyone anywhere cares. I've seen all kinds of aprons all over the place that don't match the rules.

Dumb rule anyway in my opinion.

Yeah, I was going to ask how strictly this rule is enforced. I'm not sure that the cloth aprons outside our lodge are regulation size. In fact, I'm fairly sure they're not. They've old, and we're not a rich lodge. Try to preserve what we have.

I do kind of like that we wear white aprons in lodge. I wouldn't be opposed to loosening the rules on aprons, though. Especially size. Seems kind of silly, when I bet more Masons in Texas than not don't have regulation sized aprons.

S.Courtemanche

Premium Member
Saw the Apron but, how many ties do you have? LOL.

Vinny a lot, I am a CIED consultant with Booz Allen Hamilton in Ft Hood. Dependent on what I am doing I wear a tie. Also one can never have enough ties..

Go by Ebay and look at all the aprons this man makes by hand, I have one and it is great and the price can't be beat.
Just ask him and he will make them 16x16 for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Handmade-Wreath-And-Eye-Masonic-Apron-White-/130422772471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

JT, I originally found his work on e-bay myself. I purchased them on his website as it saved me $5 as they are $5 cheaper their.

Last edited:

Ashton Lawson

Premium Member
Mitchell Jones, Grand Tiler of the Grand Lodge of Texas wears an OLD 8x11 cotton apron with the eye on the bib and a S&C on the apron nearly everywhere he goes.

Speaking of Mitchell, meet him if you can. He lives at the TMRC and this man's heart is made of solid gold. He is a good man, a true Mason, and the G.A.O.T.U. I'm sure is eagerly awaiting his entrance into the Celestial Lodge above.

Sadly for us, Mitchell is in his late 80's, and God will meet him soon enough... :sad:

Last edited:

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
Mitchell Jones, Grand Tiler of the Grand Lodge of Texas wears an OLD 8x11 cotton apron with the eye on the bib and a S&C on the apron nearly everywhere he goes.

Speaking of Mitchell, meet him if you can. He lives at the TMRC and this man's heart is made of solid gold. He is a good man, a true Mason, and the G.A.O.T.U. I'm sure is eagerly awaiting his entrance into the Celestial Lodge above.

Sadly for us, Mitchell is in his late 80's, and God will meet him soon enough... :sad:

He sounds like a good man. Reminds me of our Chaplin. He's a 92 year old PM, and it's a blessing when he is able to make it to Lodge. When the G.A.O.T.U. calls him for the Celestial Lodge above, he will be sorely missed in our Lodge.