My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proverbs

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 24:13-14

v.13 My son eat honey, for it is good, Yes, the honey from the comb is sweet to your taste;

v. 14 Know that Wisdom is thus for your soul; If you find it, then there will be a future, And your hope will not be cut off.

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 25:11-12

v. 11 Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances.

v. 12 Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold is a wise reprover to a listening ear.

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 26: 20-21

v. 20 "For the lack of wood the fire goes out, And where there is no whisperer, contention quiets down."

v. 21 " Like charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire , So is a contentious man to kindle strife."

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 25:23

"The north wind brings forth rain and a backbiting tongue an angry countenance."

Proverbs 25:28

"whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls."

cog41

Premium Member
"It hurts when God has to PRY things out our hand."~~~~Corrie Ten Boom

"Congress: Bingo with billions"~~~~~Brother Red Skelton

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 22:28

"Do not move the ancient boundary which your fathers have set."

Proverbs 27:10

"Do not forsake your own friend or your father's friend, And do not go to your brother's house in the day of calamity; Better is a neighbor who is near than a brother far away."

Last edited:

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 14:29
"He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick tempered exalts folly."

Ecclesiastes 7:9
"Do not be eager in your heart to be angry, for anger resides in the bosom of fools."

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 29:1

"A man who hardens his neck after much reproof will suddenly be broken beyond remedy."

Proverbs 30:33

"For the churning of milk produces butter, and the pressing of the nose produces blood; so the churning of anger produces strife."

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 25:13-14

v.13 "Like the coolness of snow at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him,

v. 14 Like clouds and wind without rain is a man who boasts of gifts he does not give.

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 26:4 "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him,"

Proverbs 26:5 "Answer a fool as his folly deserves, Lest he be wise in his own eyes."

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 14:10- "The heart knows it's own bitterness, and a stranger does not share its joy."

Proverbs 14:13- "Even in laughter the heart may be in pain, and the end of joy may be grief."

cog41

Premium Member
Proverbs 23:15-16
"My son, if your heart is wise, My own heart also will be glad;
v.16 And my inmost being will rejoice, When your lips speak what is right."

v.19 "Listen my son, and be wise, and direct your heart in the Way."

cog41

Premium Member
"A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that is above you."~~ C.S. Lewis

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."~~C.S. Lewis

Bloke

Premium Member
I like this one

Proverbs 30

18Three things cause wonder for me;
four are beyond my understanding:
19The way an eagle flies in the sky,
the way of a serpent on a rock,
the way of a ship on the high seas,
and the way of a man with a young woman.

(International Standard Version - KJV has "maiden" or similar, others have "virgin" but I like the above..)

cog41

Premium Member
"Know well the condition of your flocks, and pay attention to your herds".~~Proverbs 27:23

"If you have been foolish in exalting yourself or if you have plotted evil, put your hand on your mouth."~~Proverbs 30:32