My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pythagorean Silence

Mark89

Receive a cordial and warm greeting, this time I ask two questions, which I think can generate a good debate.

What meaning would you give the metaphorical concept the Pythagorean Silence?
The above is related to Vide, Audi and Tace ?.

Your opinion is important and appreciated for me, I thank you in advance for attending to this message.

e28c11d0-0756-44df-af56-58210d663de3_zps8d230605.jpg

Image: Pythagoras, you can also see objects that allude to the Masonic, the esoteric, the idea of a mystical school.

Last edited:

Bloke

Premium Member
.....the metaphorical concept the Pythagorean Silence?.....

Silence might be a masonic virtue but it is not linked in our ritual to Pythagoras, but I would assume you are referring to the idea (outside my version of the ritual) that it is better only to break silence when there is more value in what you are saying that the silence you are breaking OR that it is better to say nothing at all rather than something bad ?

I am not following where you are driving because I don't know what you are referring to.

Pointwithinacircle3

Perhaps silence is related to truly listening. Perhaps remaining silent is the outward manifestation of truly paying attention to and considering the information that we are receiving both from our physical senses and from our internal sources like inspiration and imagination. Perhaps.

Last edited:

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Perhaps silence is related to truly listening. Perhaps remaining silent is the outward manifestation of truly paying attention to and considering the information that we are receiving both from our physical senses and from our internal sources like inspiration and imagination. Perhaps.
Well said Brother.