My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality Beers?

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I will have to keep that in mind. A buddy gave me a brewing kit as a gift. I have not used it yet, but I got it out the other day. Maybe I will start one!

Do you brew your own? If so, I may need some advice.

I have never personally tried it however I have a few friends that do and usually give free advice. Just let me know.

owls84

Premium Member
Well I heard someone say they didn't like Blue Moon but me on the other had I do like me some Blue Moon. Actually had some this weekend.

R

RJS

Well I heard someone say they didn't like Blue Moon but me on the other had I do like me some Blue Moon. Actually had some this weekend.

Go try you some Hoegaarden Brother. But you have to pour it the right way. This is how you should be pouring all of your wheat beers. The most important part is the swirl at the end. Leave about an inch of beer in the bottle and swirl it around and pour it in.

[video=youtube;ek_pWuJ4yHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_pWuJ4yHs[/video]

owls84

Premium Member
I have had some Hoegaarden actually. I do enjoy a good wheat beer. But I also enjoy a cold beer or a free beer. Well that is unless it is some of that 10% that Tom game me. Lets just say I have a laser hair removal appointment for my chest next week. Looks like I'm giving chewbaca a bear hug.

lwdisney

I feel like I know good beers better than all yall that are older than me.

all the big Americans are nasty; coors, miller, bud (is ok). Stouts and porters, certain ambers, some bocks, and very very few wheat beers are where its at. blue moon is absolutely disgusting...any beer that you need to put a fruit in is a lady's beer. hoegaarden taste like the bubble gum monster just took a dump in your glass.

some people think they know beer or are cool cuz they like guiness. everyone in the world has heard of it...it ain't make you a beer connoisseur. try some young's double chocolate, belhaven's scottish stout or wee heavy.

if you want your socks knocked off, try ten fidy...brewed in colorado. Texas beers are always good...shiners, ziegen and oh yes, lone star.

and don't forget beers from Germany, like only the ones you can get there

Wingnut

Premium Member
Anyone ever had a red beer? I got to drinking them in NE while visiting friends. Beer and tomato juice...

R

RJS

Yikes! My mom started drinking her beer with Clamato. I had to pass when she asked if I wanted to try one.

Wingnut

Premium Member
its pretty good actually at least early in the day. Like a bloody mary without the vodka but with beer.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
Anyone ever had a red beer? I got to drinking them in NE while visiting friends. Beer and tomato juice...

My neighbor drinks the Bud Light and Clamato. The other day he brought over a couple of "welders specials" (the 24 oz cans). It sounds good, I like V8 and I like beer. But it took about 2 hours to get that thing down, I didn't want to be rude so I just sat there and nursed it as best I could. So those aren't on my list of beers I like.

Last edited: