My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for the texas law guru's

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
When is a brother in arrears really suspended automatically. Is it in January or June? The law book is confusing me.

Bill Rose

Premium Member
Sorry to say that I fell victim to this in 2002... I was automatically suspended for NPD as of June that year... Thankfully I was able to get back in good graces once I returned to Texas from out of state

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
This is something I couldn't find in Law book

So the next question would be if you are under the GLOT and not paid up in FEB. and go visit a lodge with in Texas where you have not been before and don't know anyone. Would you be grated visitation privileges or would you be told you need to get your dues card current.

tomasball

Premium Member
This is something I couldn't find in Law book

So the next question would be if you are under the GLOT and not paid up in FEB. and go visit a lodge with in Texas where you have not been before and don't know anyone. Would you be grated visitation privileges or would you be told you need to get your dues card current.

You would need a current dues card.

relapse98

You are not currently a member in good standing. I'm pretty sure that you could be denied entry, depending on the WM, if you do not posses a current dues card. For our January stated meeting, at my lodge, we (Deacons) will be checking Every dues card and reminding any brother that if they do not have a current dues card (paid up for 2014) come February, they will be denied entry.

Art. 380. (416). Good Standing. Upon notification to the
Worshipful Master, and at his discretion, a member of a Lodge
under the jurisdiction of this Grand Lodge may visit any Texas
Masonic Lodge working under this jurisdiction without the
avouchment and or examination process providing that he is in
good standing and presents a receipt from his Lodge showing
that his dues are current at the time of said visitation along
with a photo identification; except in cases provided for in Art.
382. Sojourning Masons from other jurisdictions must possess a
current dues card and shall be vouched for or examined in accordance
with Art. 381.

dfreybur

Premium Member
You are not currently a member in good standing. I'm pretty sure that you could be denied entry, depending on the WM, if you do not posses a current dues card. For our January stated meeting, at my lodge, we (Deacons) will be checking Every dues card and reminding any brother that if they do not have a current dues card (paid up for 2014) come February, they will be denied entry.

Is there a history of generosity until June? I haven't seen a general dues card check at lodge for a number of years and if I'm visiting I have several current blues dues cards that I could present so for me at the blue lodge level it's a hypothetical question.

For me it's the Shrine where I'm in Bro Blake's situation. I've sent the check and my 2014 dues card will wend its way through the mail in a month or two.

relapse98

Is there a history of generosity until June?

I think there is a tradition of it. Or at the very least, a tradition of just not ever checking. But then you get in the state of 'once in the door, always in the door.' But then you don't know if they are current with their dues etc. I'm not sure what the push is behind us checking them, if I had to hazard a guess it would be to give a little incentive to those that may be slow to pay but I am only doing what I'm told.

I haven't seen a general dues card check at lodge for a number of years and if I'm visiting I have several current blues dues cards that I could present so for me at the blue lodge level it's a hypothetical question.

You know where I am. Come visit tonight and you'll see it ;)