My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question

BroBook

Premium Member
Bro Book and Bro Stewart I Hope in the near future I can visit your Lodges I am originally from Mobile, Al and will be down there for Mardi Gras what Lodges do you Hail from.

I am in the process of being healed by Mardi gras I should be at excelsior #43 in pensacola

Sent From My Freemasonry Mobile App

Bro Darren

Premium Member
Its my understanding that challenges and questions are mainly for Lodges to ensure that only Brothers are granted access to the Lodge meetings. I would never expect some random guy from the street to come up and challenge me based on cap, shirt or ring and in my opinion nor should they. If I was a visiting Mason to their Lodge however, I would expect them to ask questions and challenge me before accepting me.

BroBook

Premium Member
Its my understanding that challenges and questions are mainly for Lodges to ensure that only Brothers are granted access to the Lodge meetings. I would never expect some random guy from the street to come up and challenge me based on cap, shirt or ring and in my opinion nor should they. If I was a visiting Mason to their Lodge however, I would expect them to ask questions and challenge me before accepting me.

Let's look at it this way if you are from a certain city or place in a certain city would you have to be in that city or place to be certain people knew you are what you claim to be ! At the end of the day when asked a question give your answer another of my favorites is when asked whence ? I say .....saints | . | or I will them I found the S&C in a pile ! These are people who I know to be and these answers still throw them we must remember the fact that certain things are written implies that a person that did not go in through the door can't pick up anything if the people on the other side of the door know the "Work"

Bro Darren

Premium Member
Things are different over here in Australia I guess. Im sure that their are lots of people that drive and walk around with symbols as fashion statements or statements of interest, but i would not challenge them with it. If i did not know them personally, I don't think that I'd just walk up to someone wearing the symbol and challenge them just to start a fraternal discussion but I'm this may be different in different countries.

MoonlightMadness357

Premium Member

My EA brother don't be surprised if someone was to walk up on you if you are wearing the emblem in whatever manner it may and they challenge you. It is just them making sure you are who you say you are, and its ok not to know everything but every MM should know enough to get thru it. With that in mind my RW and Junior Historian both travel all over Austrailia and they will challenge you if you are wearing Light. So it happens.

Bro Darren

Premium Member
My EA brother don't be surprised if someone was to walk up on you if you are wearing the emblem in whatever manner it may and they challenge you. It is just them making sure you are who you say you are, and its ok not to know everything but every MM should know enough to get thru it. With that in mind my RW and Junior Historian both travel all over Austrailia and they will challenge you if you are wearing Light. So it happens.

Not that I have seen many wearing the symbols, but if a non mason was challenged here in Australia about displaying a symbol, im pretty sure that they would let a few not so friendly words fly.

MoonlightMadness357

Premium Member
Not that I have seen many wearing the symbols, but if a non mason was challenged here in Australia about displaying a symbol, im pretty sure that they would let a few not so friendly words fly.

Maybe you got me confused they are both Master Masons one holds a position in my state's Grand Lodge and is a Past Master of my Lodge,other is the Lodge Junior Historian in charge of keeping the masonic history. Both have been to the Grand Lodge of Austrailia and Worked in so I think they can ask questions. a non mason i would understand.

Bro Darren

Premium Member
Maybe you got me confused they are both Master Masons one holds a position in my state's Grand Lodge and is a Past Master of my Lodge,other is the Lodge Junior Historian in charge of keeping the masonic history. Both have been to the Grand Lodge of Austrailia and Worked in so I think they can ask questions. a non mason i would understand.

I would understand if i was challenged :) and I would respond as best I know how but I'm sure that there are non masons that wear the symbols for whatever reason :)

Blessings

SeattleMason0613

If someone came up in the grocery story and saw my ring and decided to challenge me I would just play dumb it's just a safer bet that way. Now if it were in lodge I would have no problem being challenged