Red and Blue Aprons: What's the difference?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by AyrStrat, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

My friend from St. Andrews has a sash but it’s the light blue, like UGLE Craft lodges.
    Always liked sashes...

2. Mark Stockdale

Mark Stockdale Premium Member

That would be St. Andrews No. 25 then, (not that far from me in Fife). I've seen a few like that, but again, the beauty of Scottish Freemasonry is each lodge has a lot of autonomy in deciding things like their ritual and even down to how we dress.

Sent from my 6055P using My Freemasonry mobile app

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Winter and Brother JC like this.
  3. Roy_

Roy_ Registered User

I'll add a bit to the confusion. Last Saturday I was at my mother lodge. They just got their new aprons. MM aprons where blue bordered white aprons with MB on them (I thought they did that in other Rites), but there were also red bordered white aprons with MB on them. I didn't get to ask what or why, but the officers had the red aprons, the rest blue. This is one of these things I never really tried to figure out.

That said, in Europe it is fairly common to have Grand Lodge colors and Lodge colors, so a lodge can have a blue and gold border on their aprons and sashes, while another lodge has blue and red.

4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Nice Brother!

Mark Stockdale likes this.
  5. AyrStrat

AyrStrat Site Benefactor

In which sense, exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

6. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Someone will post a picture of the Grand Stewards procession or some such and a US Mason will inevitably pop up and say, “Royal Arch!” which is essentially two incorrect statements in one, as the English HRA apron is very different from a US Chapter apron.

AyrStrat, Winter and Warrior1256 like this.
  7. Akiles

Akiles Registered User

That is what it has been instructed to me!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Share My Freemasonry