My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing a Member

Wingnut

Premium Member
Background checks are easy and pretty cheap (publicdata.com is one such site) and most district attorney offices allow search of criminal cases also. EVERY state has a sex offender register online that is free. Our Junior Past Grand Master mentioned guarding the west gate and using similar resources at his conferences last year. Google can turn up some interesting items too. There are some pay search engines (www.lexisnexis.com) can be a good resource...

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Background checks are easy and pretty cheap (publicdata.com is one such site) and most district attorney offices allow search of criminal cases also. EVERY state has a sex offender register online that is free. Our Junior Past Grand Master mentioned guarding the west gate and using similar resources at his conferences last year. Google can turn up some interesting items too. There are some pay search engines (www.lexisnexis.com) can be a good resource...

Some of the counties in Texas maintain free web based services that allow you to type in the name of a person and see if they have been arrested and/or charge with anything. Some will allow you to search civil cases too.

adampatric

A personal notice should be given to the member so that a fair chance would be given to them so that they could stop all the offensive things and still the things are going as it is then the above rule should be implemented.

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
A personal notice should be given to the member so that a fair chance would be given to them so that they could stop all the offensive things and still the things are going as it is then the above rule should be implemented.

I believe that we may have wondered from the subject a little. The use of outside agencies for background checks is not in my opinion for members, but instead should be used to keep unscrupulous men from becoming members.

Papatom

Premium Member
Premium Member
I was told a story that went like this: a lodge a member that was making life miserable for all the other lodge members. The Officers of the lodge drew up charges on several offenses. They called the brother in and showed him the charges. They basically told the brother, you step into this lodge again, these will be filled with GL. Here is a completed form for you to transfer your membership to another lodge or you can use the demit form. Your choice, but your not welcome here.

It sounds good, not sure it happened or its the right way to handle it but..!

Remember: MOUTH TO EAR

CarlGlas

While I realize this may be a unpleasant subject for some, I feel it is incumbent upon each of us to bring to answer those who have violated their Obligation, especially when it comes to a brother Mason. Even after the brother has been advised his actions were in violation of Article 504 of the Laws of the Grand Lodge of Texas and he has failed or refused to make right his mistake, if that were the case. Therefore, with that in mind, has anyone ever successfully filed a Charge of Masonic Disciplinary Violations with the Grand Lodge of Texas? If so, but you would not care to publicize it, would you please contact me. I need some guidance.
Fraternally, CarlGlas@msn.com

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
I really like that idea. We actually use a variation of it down in League City. It is fairly common, to come to a meeting and have dinner with a feller or two that just happen to be visitors and not members of a lodge.
or just make it like we did at sul ross. delay the petition process by setting requirements before they get in. 3 stated meetings + 3 called meetings... they have to at least come hang out quite a bit before they get their petition

SSG_Morrison

They would have to be some serious charges, I suppose.

What kind of charges would you suppose that would inflict such charges?
I know a felony maybe and sleeping w/a **** ****
But what else?

I would assume that violating just about anything in your MM obligation would get you the boot.

Last edited: