Royal arch

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by David612, May 11, 2019.

1. David612

David612 Registered User

The count down is on-
    Only a year and a half until I am eligible to petition the Royal Arch.
    Local to me there are two chapters, one of which is comprised mainly of my lodge brothers and the latter is just across the boarder (about the same distance to drive really)
    I’m partially considering the second option to expand my familiarity with brethren in the local area, what do you gents think?

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Myself, I’d stay with my established base and visit more to expand my masonic network.

3. David612

David612 Registered User

I don’t think I can lose either way-
    I will know men in both chapters regardless as we are a geographically small area with 7 lodges and 2 chapters.

Brother JC likes this.
  4. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I am curious as to what jurisdiction you are under and why the necessity of so long a wait to join Royal Arch Masonry.

5. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

I picked my current UGLE lodge and chapter in part because of meeting dates.

David612 likes this.
  6. David612

David612 Registered User

I’m under the Grand lodge of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory
    I’m not sure of the reason behind the long wait, it’s a little frustrating at times and while it’s easy to say “masonry isn’t a race blah blah blah” it also shouldn’t require long unnecessary work waiting periods but that’s just my 2c.

7. David612

David612 Registered User

That’s probably the best way to do it-
    We have a dedicated group of travelers so as long as you know them it always feels like you are at your mother lodge

Brother JC likes this.
  8. BroBook

BroBook Premium Member

I my jurisdiction ( MWUGL/FL/ PHA) you have to wait a year before joining other Houses.

Sent from my LML212VL using My Freemasonry mobile app

9. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Agreed.

10. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

My proposer (now dead) said join a Chapter where I did not know anyone to expand my masonic circle . I went the different way, I joined one with Brethren I knew to support a Chapter in the building I love and the Brothers in it.. However, I also often know a lot of brethren when I visit lodges.. indeed I was at a lodge 1.5 hours from home with 100 brethren recently and there were only a few I did not know. However, I have promised myself when I join Mark - I will do it locally and pick purely based on night and experienced brethren being there who can instruct me... might even finally do that later in the year..

PS - I also loved the fact I the First Principal is a Master Mason I have supported, being obligated by him was a real joy for me.. You don't have to be a PM to join or be in office in the Chapter here.

David612 likes this.
  11. David612

David612 Registered User

That’s terrific info Bloke, thank you.
    I have about a year until I’m eligible still but I’m very keen however we have ton of stuff going on to keep me busy until then.

12. JanneProeliator

JanneProeliator Registered User

In US you join RA first and Mark after that?
    Here we have Mark first and after that we can join RA.

Bloke likes this.
  13. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

If I am not mistaken, Bloke is in Australia.

In the US The Mark Master Mason Degree is part of the Chapter or Holy Royal Arch Masons.

JanneProeliator likes this.
  14. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

We have two Peak Bodies
    Mark Master Masons of Victoria
    Grand Chapter.
    Qualifications for each are a MM. Traditional people would join Mark then Chapter (and at one point as PMs for Chapter, not sure about Mark) but I chose Chapter because the symbolism appealed for me. Mark is on the cards, once I am out of some offices in two of my Craft Lodges (which are hard to escape!)

15. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Note, a number of US jurisdictions have Mark lodges.

Brother JC likes this.
  16. JanneProeliator

JanneProeliator Registered User

Thank you for the clarification bro Keith and bro Bloke.

Bloke likes this.

Share My Freemasonry