Starting Point

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by Soheil, Nov 6, 2019 at 6:40 AM.

1. David612

David612 Registered User

Well you don’t need to be a mason to read books, they are all there for your consideration-

Warrior1256, Glen Cook and Soheil like this.
  2. Soheil

Soheil Registered User

hmm..

(in my mind) most of the books im looking for, they are not public,
    if they are public , then where I can found them ? :)

3. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

What books exactly are not in public?
    The only secret masonic books are books that are linked directly to the rituals and only contains a mixture.

Look up Jakob Böhme, Thomas Karlsson, John Dee, AE Waite as a start.

Soheil likes this.
  4. Soheil

Soheil Registered User

thanks for aware me of that,books im looking for are in public

I will look up,them,

5. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Amazon.

Soheil and coachn like this.
  6. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Self-study...hmmm...

If you're only interested in the esoteric aspects of what Freemasonry points followers toward, ritual acts as a road map to just that; when you understand its archaic hyperlinks.

Hyperlink Example: One lecture references "a point to a line to a superficies to a solid... ". It's a direct allusion to Plutarch's "The 'E' at Delphi" (among others). The reference is an 18th century "hyperlink".

There are thousands of them! When you follow these hyperlinks, the world of scholarship opens up for you.

However, if you're studying ritual and Freemasonic writings thinking the esoteric gems are in themselves the value you seek, you're going to be sadly barren in your results. The hidden gems have no value to you other than to say to others, "look what I found!". That's superficial. The true value is in developing the skill set to find, understand and apply these gems to life.

Keep this solidly in your frame of thought: Freemasonry points to Masonry. When you understand the distinction between the two, you get an entirely different understanding of what is before you and which path will enrich your soul best.

Warrior1256 and Soheil like this.
  7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Exactly and well said.

coachn likes this.

Share My Freemasonry