Taking the Plunge Too

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by HoustonNick, Mar 25, 2009.

1. HoustonNick

HoustonNick Registered User

Today I submitted my Petition for the York Rights Degrees as well, and I'm very excited about it.

2. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Congratulations!! You will certainly enjoy the degrees/orders. Be certain to sign up for the Super Excellent Master's degree comming up in 2010!

3. LRG

LRG Premium Member

A big congratulations.
    Do you plan on going thru the Order of the Temple or just Chapter and Council?

4. HoustonNick

HoustonNick Registered User

Yes I have petitioned for all three.

5. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

Congrats Brother you will really enjoy the degree work.

6. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

what is this?

7. LRG

LRG Premium Member

Thats a good question

8. Bro. Gerry Kendle

Bro. Gerry Kendle Registered User

I have completed the Scottish Rite and I am interested in the York Rite. I am just completed the 4th exam in the Master Craftsman Program in the Scottish Rite. I presently travel 1.5 hours for Scottish Rite meetings and the York Rite are held in my home lodge. Is the difference in the different Rites different enough that I will benefit? Any advise will be appreciated.

9. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

Bro Gerry - I petitioned the Scottish Rite bodies first as well. And like you, the closest Valley was a 2 hour drive that did not include the ferry ride which could add anywhere from 10-2 hrs. After trying to explain to the brothers that a better meeting time might be later on Friday or a Sat. instead of 515 on Fri I deceided it was best for me to demit.(This was no easy task either..lol) I petitioned for the Yorkrite Bodies 2 years ago and I have throughly enjoyed every minute of it. Here in Texas you watch the degrees in Scottish Rite, but Yorkrite you participate like you do in Blue Lodge. To me, and it may just be me, but I got so much more from participating that learning. Of course that is my learning style..tactial.
    I hope you deciede to join the ranks of Yorkrite Masonary, you will not be disappointed!

10. Smokey613

Smokey613 Registered User

I am in the same position. I joined the YR first as we have a local chapter held at a local lodge. I am also a member of the Houston SR but it is a 2 hour drive minimum and there is no way I can get off in time to make the meetings on Thursdays so natuarally I am not active. I plan to remain a member and hopefully my situation will change in the future to allow me to be more active in SR. We do have a local SR club so that is another option for me. I really enjoy the York Rite and recommend it highly especially if there is one nearby.

11. Bro. Gerry Kendle

I have decided tp go thru the York Rite degrees as well since they are held at my home lodge. Goodness what am I getting myself into?:( :) ;p

12. Bro. Gerry Kendle

I began my Journey in The York Rite and I received my Mark master degree last week! It was well done and very informative.

13. LRG

LRG Premium Member

The Degrees just get better

Share My Freemasonry