My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lewis Jewel

Hancock

"The Lewis Jewel has been in use in England and other Jurisdictions under the United Grand Lodge of England for many decades to honor a new Mason’s father. The jewel has also been adopted in the Jurisdictions of Vermont, Texas, Massachusetts, Virginia, Connecticut and others in the United States and is offered in some Provinces of Canada. The Grand Lodge of Manitoba has authorized the wearing of a Lewis Jewel."

http://theeducator.ca/the-lewis-jewel-and-its-history/

The term "Lewis" was used at least as far back as Anderson's Constitutions of 1738.

Winter

Premium Member
"The Lewis Jewel has been in use in England and other Jurisdictions under the United Grand Lodge of England for many decades to honor a new Mason’s father. The jewel has also been adopted in the Jurisdictions of Vermont, Texas, Massachusetts, Virginia, Connecticut and others in the United States and is offered in some Provinces of Canada. The Grand Lodge of Manitoba has authorized the wearing of a Lewis Jewel."

http://theeducator.ca/the-lewis-jewel-and-its-history/

The term "Lewis" was used at least as far back as Anderson's Constitutions of 1738.
If you scroll up, I think that is the same link I posted. The question was which grand lodge in England it was used under [both maybe?] since the United Grand Lodge didn't come about until 1813.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rifleman1776

Interesting. Had never heard of it before this thread. I have no objection to it's use and doubt many, if any, people would recognize it. OTOH, I think some Masons over use pins and jewelry. I saw one Brother who had hundreds of pins and jewels on his suit coat. It looked very clownish. FWIW, I wear two pins on my lapels. One is an American flag the other is a Shrine emblem.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
think some Masons over use pins and jewelry. I saw one Brother who had hundreds of pins and jewels on his suit coat. It looked very clownish.
I have seen the same and agree with your assessment.
I wear two pins on my lapels. One is an American flag the other is a Shrine emblem.
I wear one emblem per jacket. As I belong to the lodge and different appendant bodies each is different.
I guess the KT hats used in the US aren't far behind either.
Hey! Hey! Hey!.........Lol.