My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Time Will Come Soon

AnthonyBolding

I am an 18 year old MM and I will be 19 on September 2nd. When I accumulate the money I am going to join the SR. How many times do they meet.

Txmason

Anthony,

Congrats my brother on being raised. I would suggest taking a year to look into the different bodies of masonry such as the SR, Shrine, and YR. Spend the time to learn the blue lodge first. I have only been a mason for a year and am still learning. Take your time. SR will still be there. Better yet contact your local valley and ask if you can participate in a fundraiser or visit a SR hospital. I think there is one in Dallas,TX. Enjoy the ride.

Best,
Jerry

Jacob Johnson

To be a little more specific, there is one stated meeting a month and there are other events that you can attend too.

If you'd like to come down and talk to some SR guys, the Dallas Valley has an Education Meeting open to all MMs every fourth Tuesday. We meet up at 6.30 for a light dinner and then we go up to the auditorium for a presentation. It's a lot of fun, and you'll get to meet a lot of younger masons too.

jwhoff

Premium Member
There's much to absorb in the Blue Lodge before moving forward. Please consider reading EACH AND EVERY publication listed by the GLoTx in the bibliography toward the back of the book. Throw your self into fundraisers and even consider helping out in the kitchen. Get yourself a C certificate and start teaching new masons.

The Scottish Rite needs to be absorbed in it's fullest. That may not be possible so early in life. It certainly isn't possible when performing duties required to pay off your obligations to the blue lodge which spent much time and effort getting you this far.

Pace your young self. Patience is one of the things we most need in life. There's plenty of time. Use it wisely.

God speed.