US Navy

Discussion in 'Freemasons in the Military' started by mikecav, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Just to clarify, the Navy Law School Education program is competitive, and requires a payback afterwards.

FWIW, I always s found AF bases to be nicer.

The point about advice is well taken. My one son is a medical LCDR. Somethings I can give advice on. Others I’m a no-go, due to both time and designator.

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

The AF calls it's bachelor quarters "dormitories" your in the military not a college fraternity.... they are called Barracks!...lol....but like they say....THERES ONLY TWO BRANCHES OF THE MILITARY, THE ARMY AND NAVY.....the AF IS A CORPORATION AND THE MARINE CORPS IS A CULT!

Bob Stanton and Warrior1256 like this.
  3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Lol.....but a very kick a$$ one.

4. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Tsk tsk tsk...don't hate, Bro. Rip. ;)

5. Ripcord22A

Not hating just speaking facts...

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Ripcord22A

Oh....you were corps? Yeah their recruiters still lie. Working with kids right now who got screwed by their marine recruiter. And have at every recruiting assignment I've worked at

Warrior1256 likes this.
  7. Warrior1256

Well, as you see them anyway. We all have our opinions.

8. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Haha Ripcord, sorry Brother. I'm sure you're a very reputable recruiter. But we both know many have been unscrupulous enough over the years that most people are aware of the reputation. :) lol I'm sure that number is down with the rapid access to information these days. But when I enlisted in 90 pre-internet, there was a lot more trust involved. And I watched first hand as recruiters convinced kids that they would definitely be a crew chief if they went Open General on their enlistment.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

9. Ripcord22A

Open general isn't even a thing now, and how dumb do I have to be to believe that signing a non guaranteed contract would guarantee you anything?...lol

10. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Hey, 17 year old kids enlisting will believe a lot of dumb stuff.

CLewey44, Warrior1256 and Ripcord22A like this.
  11. Warrior1256

Very true!

12. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

I served a proper time in the Men's Department of the Navy....

USMC 83-87

Warrior1256 and GJB like this.
  13. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

This literally made me chuckle aloud...haven't heard that one. I work with Vets and may have to use that one where applicable.

14. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

The “A” school I went to was both Navy and Marines, so are we both men or both not?
    My last NCOIC was Recon; he said he had green Marines and blue Marines and we all PTed together. He probably would have had a chat with you about that comment.
    (FYI, no offense taken, I’m used to the tired, old jokes.)

15. Winter

Winter Premium Member

16. Ripcord22A

the kids that are in the USMC dep make that comment all the time, usually when one of the Army DEPs call em out for being in the Navy...the response is usually..."yeah the mens dept" its lame neither are the Mens Dept of the DoD that belongs the Air Force and all of us from the Army, Navy and Marines know it....lol.....I mean this video proves it

Warrior1256 likes this.
  17. Winter

Winter Premium Member

I've seen that video. It's cringe worthy. Lol

Ripcord22A likes this.
  18. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

For every emasculating Navy joke, there's about 5 emasculating Air Force jokes. Its all hoo hoo and haha and usually in fun but at the end of the day, those that signed the dotted line, no matter what branch, did more to serve their country than 70-80% of the rest of the country. They were also willing to answer the nation's call if needed to that person's capacity and training level. Simple as that. Bottom line is, it takes a lot gears to accomplish the mission and get steel on target.

19. Warrior1256

Lol!

20. txraisedboy

txraisedboy Premium Member

Congratulations on choosing the US NAVY! I have been in for nearly 12 years and I wouldn't change a thing (except one duty station, but it taught me a lot about how not to treat Sailors). I enjoy what I do. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know. I'd like to help out any way possible. But like above, be sure that your contract is what you want it to be and be sure that you join with a specific job and school. Last thing you need or want is the MEPs detailer telling you that if you come in undesignated that you can pick what ever job you want, whenever you want. That is technically true, there are a lot of things that have to line up for that to happen. No one should have to not know what their future career may entail. Pick a job before you sign and never look back.

dfreybur and Ripcord22A like this.

Share My Freemasonry