My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vaping in lodge

JMartinez

How do you guys feel about vaping in lodge? Or vaping in general? I've seen it done in lodge by old and young members

Companion Joe

Premium Member
We finally voted to move smoking out of our building two months ago. There wasn't smoking in the lodge room itself, but we had it in the lobby. It was a battle.

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
It takes a man to stop habits like smoking. Hopping over to vaping isnt the way to go and certainly not a way to escape from smoking related limitations.

It takes a man to not bother others with his bad habits. Keeping his passions in due bounds and out of due noses and lungs.

It takes a man to be a mason....

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
It takes determination to quit smoking, and an incredible amount of willpower. Gender has nothing to do with it.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I smoke. But i step outside away from the building. Vaping is silly. Makes huge clouds, the devices look dumb.

Using an ecig is one thing but using a vape thats the size of an oldschool atari co troller just make u look ridiculous

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I smoke. But i step outside away from the building. Vaping is silly. Makes huge clouds, the devices look dumb.

Using an ecig is one thing but using a vape thats the size of an oldschool atari co troller just make u look ridiculous

Hey, careful there. I spent a lot of time killing space invaders on my Atari.

acjohnson53

Call me man, when I quit it was the best thing that ever happened to me, food taste better, clothes don't smell of smoke. put on a few solid pounds, added more time on my life...

hanzosbm

Premium Member
When has substance abuse ever been socially acceptable?

He said addiction, not abuse.

On the original topic, not only do I not believe that it has any place in Lodge, as was alluded to earlier, learning to circumscribe our desires and keep our passions within due bounds would certainly seem to me to instruct us to rid ourselves of any additions, substance or otherwise.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
He said addiction, not abuse.

On the original topic, not only do I not believe that it has any place in Lodge, as was alluded to earlier, learning to circumscribe our desires and keep our passions within due bounds would certainly seem to me to instruct us to rid ourselves of any additions, substance or otherwise.
my comment is still valid...when has addiction ever been socially acceptable?

and you are correct as far as our passions within due bounds. The WM of my home lodge used to have a dip in during lodge, hed stomach it, meaning not spit the juice out. I asked him about it one day, I said hey aren't we supposed to keep our passions within due bounds, he said..Ya. I said then why do you dip in lodge? and he looked at me funny and didn't do it again, atleast not while I was there.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Yeah same here in America. Getting drunk is different from abuse and/or addiction. As for smoking in ww1 again thats not abuse. Abuse is when ur nees for something causes u to neglect other things. Trying a drug once or smoking cigerettes regularly or even drinking regularly does not equal addiction or abuse

Bloke

Premium Member
I would find someone having a coffee in lodge unacceptable. Vaping, drinking, eating etc etc are all activities for outside. The two exceptions seem to be a sly glass or drink bottle of water, especially in summer: i guess its seen like a glass of water in front of some giving a speech.....

......and lollies, even ones in noisey wrappers, a good tyler seems to be expected to have a supply of these

MarkR

Premium Member
In Australia, we've got a strong drinking culture, getting drunk in some circles is not only socially acceptable but encouraged.... and those circles are extremely diverse....
One of the biggest drunks I ever tied on was drinking with Aussie troops in their NCO club in Vung Tau, Viet Nam. Great guys, I was drinking on their money because all I had was American Military Payment Certificates (MPC) which had no value in an Australian club, but they kept ordering more rounds.

Bloke

Premium Member
One of the biggest drunks I ever tied on was drinking with Aussie troops in their NCO club in Vung Tau, Viet Nam. Great guys, I was drinking on their money because all I had was American Military Payment Certificates (MPC) which had no value in an Australian club, but they kept ordering more rounds.

Australian's are all evil :)