My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visitation Without Dues Card.

Hancock

In a couple of days a local lodge meets, and I would like to attend, but I don't have a dues card yet (I was raised last week). I'm not sure if anyone in the lodge knows me, so I can't count on a know brother to vouch for me. I have only been tried in my lodge, and have no one to practice with, so I am concerned that I may not be able to prove I am a Mason. Any advice?

CLewey44

In a couple of days a local lodge meets, and I would like to attend, but I don't have a dues card yet (I was raised last week). I'm not sure if anyone in the lodge knows me, so I can't count on a know brother to vouch for me. I have only been tried in my lodge, and have no one to practice with, so I am concerned that I may not be able to prove I am a Mason. Any advice?
If possible get with your secretary to give that lodge a heads up or get you a letter maybe stating that you're a new MM in good standing under the GLofTX.

The Traveling Man

If you are planning to attend a Lodge in your Jurisdiction, theres a good chance that someone in your Lodge knows someone in that Lodge. They can contact someone in the other Lodge and let them know to expect you. I've made that call plenty of times.