My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wardens' columns

David Hill

Brothers, I'm curious about the columns that are at the warden's stations. What is their historic symbolism beyond indicating whether a lodge is open? Does anyone have any educational papers or references related to the topic?

scialytic

Premium Member
Warden's Columns

Very enlightening! I've been starting to fish through the old posts. There is so much information on this site! Thanks for posting...

Spring TX MM

Premium Member
Very enlightening! I've been starting to fish through the old posts. There is so much information on this site! Thanks for posting...

Happy I was able to find it. That is one of the articles I have archived for my personal collection and read aloud in my lodge. Glad you enjoyed. Thanks again to Bro. Blake for the OP.

David Hill

Thanks for the link. That's quite an interesting paper! I seem to recall reading somewhere that in some jurisdictions, the wardens used to have small columns placed beside their stations on the floor. I'm still trying to find that paper.