My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wearing of Past Master Aprons

ezloan

Greeting to all the brotheren out there, i am new to this forum, My name is Larry D Van Meter, i am Past Master of Border Lodge # 672 in Texarkana, Texas and am also the current Master this year. I have a question, that just came to me so I thought i would ask and see what kind of response I get. I am going to be in Austin, Tx on Monday the 19th and I have found a lodge there to visit that is close to where I will be staying and I was wondering what the proper rule is on wearing your Past Master Apron when visiting a lodge. I have worn mine at the different lodges in this district, but have never seen it in writing on what is really proper. Any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated,

Fraternally,

Larry

david918

Premium Member
My lodge has PM aprons just have PM on the bib.I never have had a chance to wear one since I've held other offices ever year since I served as Master.

nick1368

umm..good question. The only time I have seen PM aprons worn in my lodge is on PM Night. interesting to see what everyone has to say.... welcome to the board Brother

J

JEbeling

If you are a Past Master.. ! you can ware it into any lodge.. ! some lodges have a seperate apron for Past Masters.. ! but ware yours if you want.. ! I just don't like taking it and trying to keep up with it.. ! I am forever leaving a cap or something.. ! always need a check list when I leave to remind me what I came with..? Old age..?

ezloan

I will be visiting Austin Lodge #12, the reason i have chosen this lodge is it meets the third monday of the month, and i think it is close to where i am staying in Austin, if there is another one there that might be having some degree work on that monday night, I would like to know about that.
thanks

Larry

ezloan

Raul,
I am going to be staying at the Omni Hotel Southpark, 4140 Govenor's Row, Austin Texas. I am somewhat familiar with Austin, and I have a Gps to help me find places, do you have any idea how far this is away from where i will be staying? IF so, let me know, I would really like to come and see a degree put on, Especially a MM Degree.

thanks

Larry

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I think, upon visiting a Lodge for the first time, I would just wear a plain white apron until I found out what that Lodge's customs were.

ezloan

ok then i will put the address into my garmin gps and i am planning on being there then, i assume the degree starts at 7?

ezloan

ok sounds good, I look forward to meeting all you guys. How many people do you have that usually show up at your meetings, or degrees?

R

RJS

Bro Van Meter I hope you enjoyed your visit, I know we were glad to have you!

ezloan

Raul,

I had great time visiting your lodge, i was very impressed with the Degree work and hearing it put on with a Spanish accent was really special, since we do not have but one spanish person that belongs to out lodge and he doesnt take part in any of the degrees. The opening and closing by the officers was very very professional, I can tell that the lodge members take pride in their work, I am sure they practice a lot and it shows. Congrataulations to all the young masons that took part in the MM degree, it is a good thing when a lot of young men are learing their work and putting the time in to learn the parts, it just makes it more fun to me, anyway. Again, I had a great time and look forward to visiting again when I am in Austin the next time.

Larry

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello Brother, I would invite you to wear your PM Apron any time you feel like it. It is yours, you earned it. I would add however that most lodges do have PM aprons that are cloth for normal ever day use. I have always kept my dress apron in the automobile, and worn it only for special occasions. The decision ultimately is yours to make, as there is no restriction on your apron except you can not wear it to a funeral. I hope this information helps you.