My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wearing the S&C in Public

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
I wear my ring 24/7, though it isn't flashy. You would almost have to be looking for it to note the S/C, which is fine by me. After all I look for rings, I bet most of you do too with fellas you spend time having a conversation with. I think of it like a wink and nod to brothers as opposed to advertisement, I guess.

I do have a bunch of masonic stuff on my truck, S/C, SR, and Shrine logos. I try to remember they are there when I feel like ramming someone in the gawdawful Houston traffic :52:

Colby K

Premium Member
Wearing the S&C in Public

I have a low key ring that I wear on normal days. For meetings or special gatherings I have my Great Great Grandfathers ring and a Masonic watch (the "Masonic" from Barclay, amazing watch!!). I also have several polos and baseball caps that I'll wear to casual functions. I am proud of my journey but try to keep the advertising to a minimum.

Chris_Hogg

I wear a ring most of the time and I have a small S&C on the tail gate of the pick up. I travel a good bit and always enjoy meeting brother Masons.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Wayne Simpson

I tend to be quite private in public about my involvement with Masonry, perhaps because of my "walk softly and carry a big stick" kind of personality.
I do have a couple of S&C shirts, but only rarely wear them in public, and usually only wear my ring to, from and at Lodge meetings and events.
Being a relatively new MM, just 2 1/2 years, I don't want to appear to be strutting around displaying a bunch of Masonic bling when I'm still wet behind the ears.
But to each his own.

EUssackPM

In PA I wear my ball cap a lot I can not wear my ring as I'm a Weldor and its become tight. My car had a S&C but it turned up missing one day. My toolbox has a PM Mark on it. I had a jacket but I usually wear my Shriner bagpipe jacket while I'm out.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
I have worn my ring every day since it was presented to me at my Raising by my younger brother who is a Brother, except when I had to have the darn thing sized because it was cutting off the circulation in my finger. I also wear a pin on my cap at work and have a Texas Mason concho on my belt and have a key ring with my name and Lodge # and S&C that hangs on the edge of my pocket. I, of course, have the window sticker.

Roy G. Vance
San Angelo Lodge 570
Jr. Deacon
San Angelo, Tx
Phil Head Lodge 1415
Jr. Warden
Carlsbad, Tx

dstivers120

I wear my blue lodge ring on a regular basis, also wear a lapels pin on my jacket and sport coat. S&Q are on both vehicles. We must all be proud of our association within the fraternity.

Fbateman

I have emblem on my truck and have been approached by other brothers. My ring I wear daily unless I am in uniform as it is against regulations.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
Yeah, some of them have a problem with Freemasonry. They associate it with the "Illuminati" and "Devil worship" and all kinds of stupid stuff just because we keep our rituals to ourselves. And those same "haters", as you called them, are probably all anti-gun and probably would not know which end of the weapon to point in which direction and how to make it go "bang"!

QuarryMan

I proudly display my emblems on my Vehicle and I never take my ring off and when approached I am never denied
Bro.Jones
Newport #120
Newport,Ky

Nothing is more honorable than to be amongst family

Wayne Simpson

Yeah, some of them have a problem with Freemasonry. They associate it with the "Illuminati" and "Devil worship" and all kinds of stupid stuff just because we keep our rituals to ourselves. And those same "haters", as you called them, are probably all anti-gun and probably would not know which end of the weapon to point in which direction and how to make it go "bang"!

Here in Canada the haters come from all walks of life, all religions and no religion, bright and none too bright, anti gun and pro gun, liberal and conservative. But one thing they have in common is that they "know" Freemasonry is a dangerous "cult" that has done much evil in the world, and no one can convince then otherwise. Not now, not ever.
Where are we going wrong?

Last edited:

RHS

There will always be ignorant people. We just need to be square and just and show the world the good virtues our brotherhood has.

Let the illuminati and national treasure freaks have their fun.

RHS

Freemason Connect Premium App

Ashlar

I do not wear anything on my person anymore nor do I have any Masonic decals or tags on my vehicles .

When it gets above 55 degrees I wear nothing but shorts , t-shirts and flip flops when I am not in lodge and I feel silly/tacky wearing a fancy/expensive gold ring dressed like a bum . I do have a Gordon's stainless steel ring but I do not like it enough to wear it all the time .

The only time I wear my ring is when I am dressed up and/or when I go to lodge (to which I always dress up) . I do not wear any Masonic lapel pins nor any Masonic tie clasps .

Brother Mark

I wear my masonic ring religiously when I am not working. I also have masonic plates and my A Certificate pin I wear on my polo shirts and on my jackets. I also wear my lodge hat when I am going out with friends.

Mark Sprong
Thomas B Hunter #1356
Granbury Chapter & Council

Danbeaux

Premium Member
I have a square and compasses and a york rite emblem on my truck. I wear a masonic ring virtually everyday, and I do have a lapel pin I wear on my jacket or blazer. Never shamed to let people see I am a Mason....I ignore the haters because they are ignorant.

sstefick

I wear my S&C ring daily, and I have my pins on my motorcycle vest. I'm thinking about getting the Texas Masons license plates on my jeep and my motorcycle.

And to chime in on EA's and FC's wearing the S&C, I wouldn't do it. My wife bought my ring for me about a week or two before I was raised and I didn't wear it until that day.

Freemason Connect Mobile