What should I do?

Discussion in 'Prince Hall Freemasonry' started by Dalton McGaffeny, Jun 24, 2017.

1. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

Lol

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

***snicker snicker***

3. David Duke

David Duke Premium Member

I am not the one your asking but of course no one else would understand . Everyone knows we run the Lodge

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

4. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Only when we need intelligent answers to our questions. ;)

5. Warrior1256

Actually, I really do think that the health of a well run lodge depends largely upon the talent of the secretary.

6. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

I'd say you're absolutely right. Just had to use that talent last night at our Stated Monthly.

My Lodge's current WM sometimes tries to sprint through the meetings. If i don't stay alert, he'll have began the Closing ceremony while I'm still adding up totals and dotting the i's & crossing the t's.

I have to pump his brakes and introduce unfinished business. Seems like it's usually about my Secretary's stipend amongst other things. It's mid-year and you'd think that by this time everybody knows that we're not leaving the bldg without his order to disburse my check. Lol

Bill Lins and Warrior1256 like this.
  7. BullDozer Harrell

And have imaginary dialogues with the Grand Sec'y in our heads.

Bill Lins and Glen Cook like this.
  8. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Here, we pay our organist and Tyler's only..... sec will often have his dues waived though.... out of interest, what's a typical stipend in your lodges ?

9. BullDozer Harrell

My Lodge pays me or rather the person doing the Secretary's job a hefty amount of $12.50 dollars a month usually for postage costs.

I guess that it balances out to not paying yearly dues when i think about it. Our annual dues are $150 a year.

10. Warrior1256

Lol,...in my experience it has been just the opposite, trying to make the WM stop talking and close the lodge.

acjohnson53, Bill Lins and Ripcord22A like this.
  11. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Thanks for the reply. I should also mention our secs generally recover expenses.. these might be postage and printing... but I rarely do unless the amount is not small change. Last one I recovered was about $60 for wine glasses.. I thought about not putting a bill in, but they all add up. I dont bother with the few dollars required for dish washing soap and garbage bags.. I'd be embarrassed to ask for anything which was not over $20 and last time I needed printing (it was about $25) I just absorbed the cost seeing it as no big deal.. but for a sec who was a pensioner, i can well see why they would (and should!) recover such amounts, but when a brother stands up and says the lodge owes him $5 for a purchase.. I wonder if they were asleep during our first degrees.

Ripcord22A and Bill Lins like this.
  12. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

Young Master it's not putting someone on blast, it's getting what due to you. After being raised your dues card should have been the first you would haved received along with your Lambskin...any practicing MWPHGL should be doing that..darn the email, call your GL...

13. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

you must be like, get in and get. unless we doing degree work no more than two and half hours...

Warrior1256 likes this.
  14. Warrior1256

In a regular business meeting there is nothing that we do that should take anywhere near two and a half hours!

BullDozer Harrell likes this.
  15. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

We always have an educational talk during every meeting, those can take upwards of 1.5 hrs

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 and Brother JC like this.
  16. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Our Stated Meetings are usually right at 2:00 hours. We always have some sort of program that takes up at least 30 - 45 minutes and can stretch to an hour if there is a lot of discussion and questions.

Warrior1256 and Ripcord22A like this.

Share My Freemasonry