My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do you wear your Master Masons Ring?

When do you wear your Master Masons Ring?

• All the time

Votes: 74 72.5%
  • After work

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Only to a Lodge

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Only on special ocassions

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Don't own one

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters

cemab4y

Premium Member
I try to wear a MM ring, every time I go out. I have a stainless-steel ring that I wear when I work overseas. And I have my Grandfather's heirloom ring, for special occasions. And I have an "everyday" ring that I wear in the USA. I have a gold-plated Shriner's ring, that I wear when I attend Shrine functions.

cleighty

When I got raised my wife purchased a masonic ring for meto replace my wedding ring that I thought that I had lost. So I wear mine allthe time except at work for fear of a de-gloving injury.

Last edited:

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
All the time. I have already cracked the stone and lost the Square and Compasses once and had to send it off to a jeweler and have them replaced, but I still wear it 24/7.

MarkR

Premium Member
Pretty much every time I leave the house, but I do mix my Scottish Rite "Yod" ring into the rotation.

What style did you guys go with? Traditional with stone?
I have three MM rings. One is pretty traditional with a gold S&C set in a black stone, one is our Lodge ring from Brother Gordon Spurlock (like this one, except with our Lodge information obviously)
lodge_ring_monticello.jpg and one that's pretty stylized with the working tools, S&C, acacia branch, etc. all worked into a cast silver design.

Ashlar

When I was new , I wore it everywhere I went . Now ? Almost never . When I go to lodge or if I am all dressed up , if I remember , I will slip my ring on .

K3vin

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry1384780547.390958.jpg I was given rings belonging to both of my Great Grandfathers on my Fathers side of the family. I wear this one all the time except when I might be using heavy tools. The other I wear for special occasions.

My Freemasonry

dfreybur

Premium Member
I take off my PM ring when I sleep. i don't take off my wedding ring for sleep. I voted all the time but for me it's really all the waking time.

rpbrown

Premium Member
I have a stainless ring I wear most all of the time except when I am going to a "dress up affair". Then I have a dressier gold ring that my wife gave me when I was raised that I wear. It is too nice and way too expensive to wear every day in Dallas (for obvious reasons)

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I've worked enough jobs where a ring becomes a liability, so I don't wear jewelry to work any more. Steel and titanium are much stronger than bone, and forbidden on many job sites.
My present ring is 60-70 years old, and I only wear it when I "suit up."

rebis

Premium Member
I try to wear my blue lodge ring as much as I can, but though beautiful, it is a bit bulky and needs to be taken off when I do manual work. My Scottish Rite ring however doubles as my wedding band so I keep it on throughout the day taking it off at night.ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1399440583.866429.jpg

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

zouzoum

I wear mine everyday ... I have a job interview next week..do u think I have to remove it ?

ej6267

I wear mine everyday ... I have a job interview next week..do u think I have to remove it ?

If it's not a huge affair I wouldn't worry about it. Those not in the know probably won't notice it anyway. Good luck on the interview!

zouzoum

If it's not a huge affair I wouldn't worry about it. Those not in the know probably won't notice it anyway. Good luck on the interview!

Thank u Bro

Sent from my GT-I9500 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

dfreybur

Premium Member
I have a job interview next week..do u think I have to remove it ?

Chances are it won't be noticed. In the small chance that it is noticed and it triggers a negative reaction, is that an environment you would want to work in? Eventually your colleagues will notice that you wear the ring every day. I figure finding out early on would be dodging a bullet and avoiding a bad job.

My attitude on this carries my bias as an American where we are very open open our membership. As you wear your ring every day it probably works. Would you change rings to a class ring or similar for work? I long ago decided to wear Masonic rings instead of class rings.

JKC84

I wear my rings daily except the shower or some type of rough manual labor other than that my rings never leave my fingers ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1399581571.835482.jpg

Jaron Coby 32nd• SR.MM Oxnard Lodge #341

zouzoum

Chances are it won't be noticed. In the small chance that it is noticed and it triggers a negative reaction, is that an environment you would want to work in? Eventually your colleagues will notice that you wear the ring every day. I figure finding out early on would be dodging a bullet and avoiding a bad job.

My attitude on this carries my bias as an American where we are very open open our membership. As you wear your ring every day it probably works. Would you change rings to a class ring or similar for work? I long ago decided to wear Masonic rings instead of class rings.
I agree with you bro ..But I am from Lebanon and over there some people are not open minded about things like freemasonry as in US so thats where my question came from .

marty15chris

Premium Member
I wear mine everyday, all day, except the shower and when I can't due to my job. (Safety). I have had very few people pick up on it. Most mistake it for a wedding band even though I wear it on my right hand.

rebis

Premium Member
It is interesting to note that brothers in Europe do not wear rings.
...from what I have seen anyway.