My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which faiths are represented?

okielabrat

Southern Baptist here. I have heard conflicting stories about the SBC's stand on Freemasonry, but I have had no negativity at my church (Grandview Baptist, Muskogee).

Lightlife

Site Benefactor
Premium Member
My early instruction was in the Shamanistic arts, but those who know me call me a Druid or Wiccan depending upon their cultural framework.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Southern Baptist here. I have heard conflicting stories about the SBC's stand on Freemasonry, but I have had no negativity at my church (Grandview Baptist, Muskogee).
I wonder what your new president says on the matter, he seems to have some fresh views.

MasonicHermit

Is that a faith? I've known Jewish and Christian individuals that study Hermeticism.
Faith is a point of view on the bigger scope of "God" by whatever the individual may call that. I live the way of the Hermit or internal ascension in other words. This embodies the 7 principles and applying them to my daily conception of life. Freemasonry to me would be a place to refine my character and conceptions on the world, and even that is in line with the Hermetic Philosophy.

I guess if you had to tag a label on me that is a bit more obvious, I'm a pagan. I believe in an array of gods and goddesses that exist within the Grand Architects creation of the cosmos.

Sent from my LG-M153 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Mrredsand9

I am a Ruling Elder in the Presbyterian Church (USA). I see no conflict between my faith, my religion and Freemasonry. In fact the person who I asked and who was one of my recommends is a fellow Ruing Elder.

I have had no conflicts at all within my "faith group". There are some denominations who think that Freemasonry is a religion and that we deny the sovereignty of (the Christian interpretation of) God, by referring to God as the GAOTU and acknowledging non-Christians as Brothers on the level. I believe that is their issue and not ours and follow what I was charged by not attempting to argue with them.
I'm Presbyterian as well brother and on our session board (ruling elders). I see no conflict, as a matter of fact I believe the craft enhances our understanding of Christian faith.

Keith C

I'm Presbyterian as well brother and on our session board (ruling elders). I see no conflict, as a matter of fact I believe the craft enhances our understanding of Christian faith.

NM, I need to read better. I initially did not see that you quoted me!

CLewey44

I live in the area Joseph Smith is from and asked a guy I work with if he was a Mormon (someone had said he was) because I had some questions about Smith and his relationship to Freemasonry. He politely corrected me on that title of "Mormon". Had no idea.

Matt Ross

For me, I look at it this way. In my obligations in becoming a Mason, none of the parts of the obligation conflicted with anything regarding God, Family, and Country. Masonry is not a religion. So your religious beliefs are represented by you simply being a part of the fraternity. Masonry is about your life here on Earth and how to better it. Nothing more, nothing less.